My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any new pictures but I have something to say.

I just got out of bed about an hour ago, walked out to the living room and looked out the window, and I'm looking down at the driveway and garage approach.

Then I turned around and told my wife of 50 years, you know that x728 really did a nice job of cleaning all the snow out yesterday. Yessir clean as a whistle.

Well I'll tell you what guys, I was 68 years old before I got this cab and because of it I'm able to take care of my driveway and sidewalks and I didn't wake up real tired this morning.

Two years ago I was using a walk behind blower and it was beating me up so bad I was thinking of just moving out of here, selling the place and go get an apartment or whatever.

I also thought I could have somebody come in here and use my blower or snowplow it out. But the last time my son in law wanted to help out he bent my fence back a little.

I don't know how many more years I have left but I do know one thing for sure, this x728 with the heated cab is here to help me out and I just might be here a long time.

All I can say is what a tractor.

Rob

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Tractors and cabs can cetainly make life a little easier and its great knowing it helps you out and lets you enjoy your property. I know as I get older I look for any mechanical advantage I can get. We all have to work smarter not harder...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well Rob, althought you have a few years on me I here ya, can't say how nice it was to come home the other evening to find the city had plowed what looked like the entire street onto the end of my driveway and side walk Just hopped in the tractor and cleaned it up out in the rain/snow mix without a care in the world :thThumbsU Had so much fun I went out this morning and cleaned up where the slate roof let go back on the driveway:fing32: Who woulda thunk snow removal could be fun instead of a chore!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

I just got out of bed about an hour ago, walked out to the living room and looked out the window, and I'm looking down at the driveway and garage approach.

Then I turned around and told my wife of 50 years, you know that x728 really did a nice job of cleaning all the snow out yesterday. Yessir clean as a whistle.

Well I'll tell you what guys, I was 68 years old before I got this cab and because of it I'm able to take care of my driveway and sidewalks and I didn't wake up real tired this morning.

Two years ago I was using a walk behind blower and it was beating me up so bad I was thinking of just moving out of here, selling the place and go get an apartment or whatever.

I also thought I could have somebody come in here and use my blower or snowplow it out. But the last time my son in law wanted to help out he bent my fence back a little.

I don't know how many more years I have left but I do know one thing for sure, this x728 with the heated cab is here to help me out and I just might be here a long time.

Rob
Rob,
I hear what you're saying about the cab. Mine doesn't have heat, but just keeping the snow and wind off is great. I'm not nearly your age, but people say stuff to me about having a cab and snowblower set-up and think I have it way too easy. In a way they are right, but I am able to do things when I am done clearing the driveway without feeling like I just got my a$$ kicked. Not to mention the frost bite and iced up clothes you get from being out in the elements before getting a cab

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Glad to hear it is doing a great job for you and I hope you are around for a long time and still using it. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
I will echo the sentiment. Once you have a cab you will never want to go back. It makes good seat time great seat time!

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,871 Posts

Rob
Very well said! Glad you have the tools you need to get the job done. It's ALL about having the right tools.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Very well said! Glad you have the tools you need to get the job done. It's ALL about having the right tools.
That is what I keep telling the wife... So far I have been able to justify getting what I have... :D

Yes dear, I need a model ____(insert number here) tractor to pull/ push the ___ (insert attachment here). :biglaugh:

Seriously, I am in the hunt for a de thatcher... maybe one to fit a 200 series tractor... Oh yah, I don't have a 200 series tractor any more.... well maybe I NEED one of those too... :ROF

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Here's a picture of my cab.
THAT is too funny! :thThumbsU

:Stop: Wait a minute that is the same model "cab" I have too, only mine is blue.:banghead3

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Hi Rob
I have a pic and I dont miss the back pain and the dread of the walk behind.
Lou

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I lived in Minneapolis for 14 years... and when it got cold I put a coat on... when it got colder I put a heavier coat on... etc.... I used to get grief from the natives for being a "southerner" afraid of a little cold. I told em... my mom always told me to bundle up to stay warm and I never considered that I was supposed to be cold just because of where I lived.

I say that because last year I felt like I was freezing my n*tz off half of the time and vowed this year to "bundle" up. I found a cab and blower for the 318 this summer and have to say it was fun to get rid of all the snow in my driveway! I know now that I might be a southerner... but I am happy to own the title. :)

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Glad you got to use that fine heated cab Rob :):thThumbsU My pops is about your age, and he's making a soft side doors for his rig- The Mule . Hmm, gets me thinking... maybe I should add heat for him .

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Rob. You have my deepest respect because you saw a solution for your harsh climate and went for the best tool. When I am no longer able to deal with a walk behind blower, I will be getting a similar setup.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Rob
I think you said it very well. The youth of our nation would do well to listen to their elders.

:thanku:

Jerry

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Yes Harry I will to be sure :fing32:. Just figured out how, too , not especially easy on an air cooled Mule. But then again, I sure wasn't easy either .;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.