My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking apart an old gold Kohler 5000 generator that I got from a neighbor. I'll post a pic of what I'm dealing with if anyone needs more info. Looking to remove the flywheel that has a warning about prying it and I'd like to remove the generator part itself. Any tips or resources would be great.

pms with interest are fine. everything looks useable so far but could stand a cleaning.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone going to throw me a bone here? or ask for some pics. I'm just trying to part this out so i can get it out of my garage easier. i don't have much free time and this is the one week i have to do anything.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
You are apparently posting items for sale ... in the engine repair section. I'd re-post in the section further down the main page where you can offer stuff for sale or trade.
good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correction.

i'd like pointers taking off the flywheel and removing the generator portion. i've got the flywheel puller on it but i think i need a breaker bar at the end of it. not budging one bit. i lost my handy piece of pipe when i moved.

sure the overall purpose is so that it will all fit in small boxes and leave my house but thats not what i'm trying to have happen here under this category.

one thing at a time.

and ya have to forgive me. i'm used to getting flooded with buyer requests when i post about my chainsaws on another forum.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Heat on the flywheel hub, and hammers on the tip of the crankshaft[protected or soft hammer] with the puller 'torqued' are the only things I know.
tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts