My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, a long while ago my dad took me back to his house he grew up in, back by the outbuildings. In one of the outbuildings sat a very rough ford garden tractor, my dad went on to tell me that this was the very first tractor he owned, and the first engine he ever rebuilt, at the age of 16. I remember it was a 4 speed, 10hp cast iron kohler, and the battery was right by the gear shifter by the base of the console...any ideas what it was? i loved that tractor when he handed it down to me. It was really rough, the steering was wiped out and the tranny blew, so i saved the engine and the custom home-made steering wheel, i grafted the 10hp (baby blue of course) kohler into a '72 sears ss12, and ran like crazy, winning many local garden tractor pulls. i just wanna know, what was that ford tractor? it had a aluminum deck on it once upon a time, but like aluminum decks do...it rotted out really quick.:smilie_fl

·
MTF Member
156 Posts
Sounds like a mid to late 60's Ford 100. Those were the only ones that came with the aluminum decks that I know of. They also had the battery by the shifter. It would be the same tractor as a Jacobsen 1000. Kind of surprised about the alum. deck rotting out. I've had 4 of them and never had any issues with rot, in fact they are in very nice shape being 40 years old!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts