My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given an old 6hp 26" ride on mower when I purchased a Cub Cadet 122 with a front end loader 7 or 8 years ago.

It looks to be a 536.657000 and I believe it has a Tecumseh V60 engine with a 631800A carburetor.
It ran fine when I got it but it's been sitting in the shed ever since and the carb needed a rebuild.
I took it apart on the weekend and cleaned everything up best I could and used the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes but it is in pretty rough shape and could use a rebuild kit.

I see the rebuild kits are available (631029) but they are expensive after shipping and doing a little more research it looks like there's a a lot more work to rebuild these Lauson carbs. I didn't here the metering rod shake when I was cleaning it and I may have damaged it when installing the idle screw.

It doesn't look like there is a direct replacement Chinese carb for this particular model but does anyone know if one from an H60 engine would work with a little modification to the linkages? Something like this?

Or would I be better off just sourcing a new engine and dropping it in?

I'd like to get it going again for my daughters to ride around the yard on with the deck removed.

Wheel Tire Plant Lawn mower Mower

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Snout Rim Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
325 Posts
It looks like your standard small tecumseh carb. The same that is used on push mowers and just about everything else they made. It should not be that difficult to find a donor carb but i would not expect the kit to cost very much. If you arent worried about being original you may be able to find an inexpensive briggs replacement

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it looks like there's a ton of variations of the Tecumseh carb but the differences look like they are all in the linkages and fuel inlet.
I think that $25 one from Amazon could be made to work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a pretty badass little tractor I like the way the hood goes down on a bit of an angle, put a scoop on that badboy and it will look pretty crazy. Could do with or without the flames (they are cool if you like the idea of it having a 1950's street racer kind of vibe to it). I know I didn't answer your question but just wanted to add my "enthusement " of your machine

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha ya it is kind of neat.
The H60 carb was a successful replacement.
The fuel inlet was straight out from the side instead of on an angle but there was enough room for the fuel line still.
And the choke linkage was different with the flap closing in the opposite direction but with a little trimming it's a manual choke now instead of at the top of the throttle.
But for $25 I'm happy with how it worked out.
Wheel Tire Window Vehicle Plant

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Tread Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts