My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about this engine, the governor spring was missing and I thought I had it in the right place but maybe not. I put in the gold colored spring. The engine starts up but runs wide open, the throttle cable doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to mow with the sickle bar but as soon as I hit the hay it would stall out. Any help with getting this old machine running right would be appreciated. Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome to MTF. Unfortunately I know nothing about that motor, but I'm sure somebody will be along soon that does.

Jason

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That spring isn't in the right place the way it looks to me,there's to much tension for that air vane governor but I don't have my model N engine here right now to look and see where it should be.Does your air vane move freely?It needs to for the governor to work correctly,the air coming off of the flywheel and over the air vane is what makes the governor work and if your engine stalls when you try to put load on it,it doesn't sound like your governor is working.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
There should be a solid link between the air vane and the carb. I do not have a good diagram of that model to post a picture of all the linkage.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The air vane moves freely , it's hard to see what's going on because the space is so tight. If someone could post a picture or link to where I could see a diagram that would be great. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts