My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired this 1965 cub cadet 100. The last time it ran was 12-13 years ago. Everything worked fine back then except the generator wasn't charging. It was kept in a shed but the shed had a large hole in the roof right above the tractor. It's pretty filthy, in definite need of alot of sand blasting but everything is still solid except the deck has two holes in the rear. Which could be patched with a mig fairly easy. I originally thought I might tear it down and restore it but I don't think I'd ever get done with it. Maybe i'll part it out. it's 90% complete. The tires are 30 years old they still hold air. The engine isn't locked up it turns freely. The trans. had very clean waterless oil in it. Deck spindles still turn but have some slop in the bearings. Someone painted this at some time, under all that peeling paint is more paint. Missing screen over the clutch and the screen over the flywheel. Air cleaner post is broken air cleaner is in the garage. No real threads left in the block for the exaust pipe, it and the muffler are in the garage also. Has a tailight that the bracket is broken. But the light is in good shape. Cables (Throttle-Choke) are rusty and locked up. Push button for the starter is also froze up from rust. The deck pulleys look pretty rusty They might be able to be saved but they look real iffy. I' going to try to start it in the next week if I can rig up an exhaust I don't want to start it with no pipe I'll burn the valve. All in all it's pretty darn decent, would have been alot less dirty and less rusty if they would have thrown a cheap vinyl tarp over it, but it was free so what the heck.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I would sell as is and I bet it sells quickly. slkpk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fenders threw me also. I looked them over good, and are bolted to the axle like they belong on it. I'm wondering if someone made them. They look like they came on it, but I don't know enough about these tractors to render a good opinion.

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
the fenders are funky, but they're the right color and look professional... maybe it's an early production model? A one off special? Normally home built fenders are some 'close but is definitely not CC yellow" or even some goofy color (Green, heaven forbid)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think someone with a sheetmetal brake and some extra time made these. Wonder why they just didn't buy round ones they couldn't have cost much in the early sixties. But then again I don't know where this has been. I can only trace it back to the late eighties as far as ownership goes. I didn't really touch it yet accept I put points and condensor and it started and ran, carb gushing gas!

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
It does have some sort of implement lift which never seen that kind before. The serial # is on the right side transmission on a little square block sticking out the side of the trans. Say for example the number would be a 6 diget: 117xxx .
The mueldrive even has brackets welded to it. I enjoy my restoration of my model 72. They are fun and would net more cash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran the serial# March 1965. And I think this had the hydraulic pump mounted to it at one time. There is a scar mark where the the pump mounts up. I believe there would be a steel bar running from the lift handle back to that implement lift that is attached. For a manual lift maybe for a tiller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts