My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a question about using the older 4 bolt attachments for two wheeler Gravelys on a newer Pro-Series 2 wheel tractor, specifically a model 985107. So can I remove the quick hitch adapter from the advance casting and put my 4 bolt attachment on? Will there be enough room for the slip clutch on the 4 bolt? Or do I need to rustle up a Retrofit kit? Thanks!

Nate

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blown,

I thought so. Those kits can be a bit expensive right? 100.00 or so last time I checked. How rare are they?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
They are fairly easy to get actually. They usually run about $150-$175. Are you looking into that Pro in Kingston ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes in fact I am! Actually it's for a neighbor! I'm trying to get a Gravely club going! I have a 5260 and I'm very happy with it! Isn't that price a bit under market?

Nate

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
I saw that someone had posted an interesting question for this tractor on the E-Bay site. And I thought, "Hmmm.......wonder who that could be.....?"

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Yes in fact I am! Actually it's for a neighbor! I'm trying to get a Gravely club going! I have a 5260 and I'm very happy with it! Isn't that price a bit under market?

Nate

lol all it takes is two people to start a club. I've often thought it would be cool to start a Gravely club in my hometown, the problem is that it would consist of only one person and two tractors. I would probably have to go in with Kip and create some kind of "Mid-Michigan" Gravely club, then we'd double our membership (and probably quintuple the number of machines). As a kid I always dreamed of pulling a parade float with a Gravely; around here they have farm tractor clubs so they just parade with the tractors, no float needed.

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
lol all it takes is two people to start a club. I've often thought it would be cool to start a Gravely club in my hometown, the problem is that it would consist of only one person and two tractors. I would probably have to go in with Kip and create some kind of "Mid-Michigan" Gravely club, then we'd double our membership (and probably quintuple the number of machines). As a kid I always dreamed of pulling a parade float with a Gravely; around here they have farm tractor clubs so they just parade with the tractors, no float needed.

There are definitely pockets of guys here in MI that are also Gravely fanatics - as evidenced by the membership roster of the Gravely Gazette and by the fact that any decently-priced Gravely's in MI are gone in a heartbeat. Most of these guys appear to stay under the radar though - very few MI guys are on this site and very few post on the Yahoo site. So we'd definitely have our work cut out for us!!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
There are definitely pockets of guys here in MI that are also Gravely fanatics - as evidenced by the membership roster of the Gravely Gazette and by the fact that any decently-priced Gravely's in MI are gone in a heartbeat. Most of these guys appear to stay under the radar though - very few MI guys are on this site and very few post on the Yahoo site. So we'd definitely have our work cut out for us!!
When I bought my snowdozer from a tractor shop outside Flint last year, the owner said he basically couldn't keep any used Gravely stuff in stock, as there were "collector's" all around him, and it all sold as soon as he got it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Definitely looks like a nice machine!

The hours are a tad up there and it sounds like it had some municipality use from reading the description on Ebay but that is not always a bad thing. It looks like whoever used it, took very good care of it. The Kohler M12 is a very strong motor and can still live for many more hours and the parts are fairly cheap too! If I were you, I'd tell the neighbor to put a solid $1100-$1200 offer in for the machine. I'm sure the seller would rather dump it off Ebay then get stuck with the fees.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Blown,

He's been to look at it as well. I'll pass the info on to him! Funny I was sure you'd pick it up! :D

Nate

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
985107s were first built in 1994. There are rare 1987 models that were built before the change but not that model number. All were built for export but not all of them stayed away. Several ended up in WV. 1 ended up in Florida.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update here for posterity. The ebay listing ended at $860 with reserve not met. This morning apparently the unit sold for $2500 (not on ebay) and it was NOT my neighbor! What happened? Blown did you get it? How did the price jump so much?

Nate

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Just an update here for posterity. The ebay listing ended at $860 with reserve not met. This morning apparently the unit sold for $2500 (not on ebay) and it was NOT my neighbor! What happened? Blown did you get it? How did the price jump so much?

Nate

That's quite an amazing price jump - since the tractor was only listed for $1450 on CL. Did the seller tell you it sold for this price? I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum paid $2500 for a 1300 hour plus machine, but I can assure you there's a great deal of off-line negotiations that transpire. In this case, that appears quite obvious.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Contrary to what you initially thought, I did not buy this machine! haha. She was a looker, but with the hours and price, not worth it to me. I already have a mint Pro12 with 400hrs I'm going to be getting rid of anywho.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I heard it from my neighbor. He had contacted the seller again with a question and that's when he found out about the 2500 price. He also said that when he visited the shop where the machine was there was no price on it. So obviously the buyer didn't know about the ebay or CL listings. Blown I really didn't think it could have been you but I wasn't sure! Thanks for all the posts, Gentlemen! I really learned a lot on this one!

Nate

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Well I heard it from my neighbor. He had contacted the seller again with a question and that's when he found out about the 2500 price. He also said that when he visited the shop where the machine was there was no price on it. So obviously the buyer didn't know about the ebay or CL listings. Blown I really didn't think it could have been you but I wasn't sure! Thanks for all the posts, Gentlemen! I really learned a lot on this one!

Nate

That's some really shady, deceptive salesmanship there.... :Disgus:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts