My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i was wondering if you know what model toro lawn tractor i have here, it's got a kohler 10 hp engine and a 42 in. deck. I just got done painting it the other day. I've also got about 200 pounds of weight in the back of it so i can plow with it. The other day i picked up a craftsman 16hp lawn tractor with a blade on it for $40. I'm planning on mounting that on my toro.

Attachments

·
Wheel Horse Junkie!
158 Posts
Don't know anything about that model of Toro but it sure is beautiful! Nice job on it!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Try this. Go to
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
In the green bar select "Advanced Search".
1st box select Toro, 2nd box select Riding Products, 4th box type in suburban, 8th box select 10 hp. Then click submit in the top right corner.

That will bring up the possible models and their serial numbers. Check out each one as they don't all have the parts lists available but the details are listed.

Go to
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
Enter 55301 for a model number and use 8012345 for a serial number. That will bring up an operator manual you can download.

Garry

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
sweet tractor

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very, very nice looking tractor. slkpk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gwest Ca,

i've already looked at those models but the problem is that the gas tank is in a different spot and the grille is different. On mine the gas tank is right behind the engine and you can see that the front looks different

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a toro just like that one. But someone panted it all white and black I would like to know what color your tactor is and if you now where to get any parts for it. I plan on restoring mine to it's original conduction

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Davey Crockett

Does the manual you can download from Toro for the 1968 55301 look the same? The fuel tank is behind the engine.

Garry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it lookes the same exsept mine has a 10 on the side. I sc***** the paint of to find it. But the tank is right behind the motor.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
In 1968 the 55301 10hp model and 55401 12hp model share the manual. The only thing I don't see are the part numbers for the decals. The 55300 and 55400 are the 1967 models. Perhaps one year had decals and the other did not.

Garry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a toro just like that one. But someone panted it all white and black I would like to know what color your tactor is and if you now where to get any parts for it. I plan on restoring mine to it's original conduction
I painted mine with the closest colors I could find. I went to a farm store and got AC orange and IH white. I'm still trying to find a place to get parts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone, I've got an update on my Toro. I now have the snow/dirt blade on and tried it the other day. It worked pretty well. I'll get pictures posted of it with chains and the blade as soon as I can

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, i was wondering if you know what model toro lawn tractor i have here, it's got a kohler 10 hp engine and a 42 in. deck. I just got done painting it the other day. I've also got about 200 pounds of weight in the back of it so i can plow with it. The other day i picked up a craftsman 16hp lawn tractor with a blade on it for $40. I'm planning on mounting that on my toro.
:fing20:Hi, I'm new here. I come from Germany and I think I have the same tractor like yours. Is a 10 ps Kohler engine. I know the year and also not the type. I am looking for a description and parts lists. Can someone help me. My email address: [email protected]:thanku:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Try this. Go to
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
In the green bar select "Advanced Search".
1st box select Toro, 2nd box select Riding Products, 4th box type in suburban, 8th box select 10 hp. Then click submit in the top right corner.

That will bring up the possible models and their serial numbers. Check out each one as they don't all have the parts lists available but the details are listed.

Go to
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
Enter 55301 for a model number and use 8012345 for a serial number. That will bring up an operator manual you can download.

Garry
This was posted earlier in this thread. Have you tried these links?

Garry in Canada

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Its a shame to get it dirty after doing such a great job tractor look great. I hope you sign your art work.

Jalob welcome

your going to melt your cab with that open exhaust pipe . Very nice tractor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts