My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace the starter on a circa-1970 JD 110.
Can anyone tell me the JD starter tool designation for this model, or the best workaround for the lack of access to the securing bolts, which are under the motor and surrounded in a metal cage by various parts. I'm looking at trying with a 9/16 ratcheting box wrench with a flex-end if I can't get the JD tool.
I have already removed the battery tray, front hood/shrouding, and a threaded connecting rod. The main belt is also in the way and I'm wondering how much work is involved in removing and replacing it, though I'm hoping the right starter wrench will make that unnecessary.
Eric

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Take the gas tank out of the tractor and the 2 bolts holding the starter to the block and the one bolt to the starter cable will be accessible. Roger

PS There is no special tool. Just normal wrenches. Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the gas tank out of the tractor and the 2 bolts holding the starter to the block and the one bolt to the starter cable will be accessible. Roger

PS There is no special tool. Just normal wrenches. Roger
I hear that works with newer 110s, but on this one the mounting bolts are UNDER the motor. The gas tank was the first thing I pulled. I just need to know if the JDe80 starter tool is the right one or the JDg725, or some other one.
Eric

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Post a picture as I worked for a JD dealer in the 1970s and do not remember such a configuration on a 110. Sounds more like a later engine swapped into a RF tractor. Roger

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear that works with newer 110s, but on this one the mounting bolts are UNDER the motor. The gas tank was the first thing I pulled. I just need to know if the JDe80 starter tool is the right one or the JDg725, or some other one.
Eric
What did you figure out? I have the same issue... just cant get on them with a crows foot ... docket...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts