My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my grandfather's cat had to be put down. She was rushed to the hospital because of breathing issues, where she received oxygen and fluid was removed from around her lungs and from in her lungs. She was going to be kept over night but things made a turn for the worst about an hour later, when she started really gasping for air and was probably suffering. My mom and dad had to make the horrible decision to have her put down.

Normally, I guess I wouldn't feel so attached, but I rescued this cat about three years ago. She was starved, had rotted out teeth, and just a total wreck. She made a full recovery but had a thyroid problem, but she was ok. At the time, the doctors estimated she was probably about 10 years old.

She was the nicest cat. I mean, the type of cat that would just rub up all over you, take a seat next to you, and lay her head right on your leg, then go to sleep.

When I took her, it was clear that she was desperate for help. She just walked right up to me (I had a bowl of food) and it just like this, "Help me" look in her eye. I'll never forget that.

I will really, really miss her.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but you all did what was best for her.

- redirecting this to Pet Forum - Our Pets Whom Have Passed

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,186 Posts
Sorry for your loss!
You gave her a second chance and she repaid it by being a good friend.

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your good pet. It does hurt when you have to say goodbye. Before too long, there will be another little cat that could use your hospitality and generosity. Sounds like you gave her a good life, and she appreciated it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss!I know how it feels since i had to put down two of my kitties last few years.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
"...and it just like this, "Help me" look in her eye. I'll never forget that."
They know... and then they let us know. We can only do what's best for them. Sorry Z, I know how you miss Nellie, just remember you gave her those good last years and she loved you for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im so sorry for your loss!I know how it feels since i had to put down two of my kitties last few years.
Yeah, it sucks, and sure as **** my aunt's upstairs talking (as I type this...) about how she saw her frozen body in the freezer before picking her up to be cremated.

Strange that we got her on Mother's Day, and she died right before Father's Day...

It just sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts