My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I uncovered the JD 317/Johnny Bucket to scrape the driveway yesterday. I finished just about dark. I placed her back in her parking space and carefully put her tarp back on. There was a breeze and I didn't have any bungies handy so I tucked the tarp corners under the wheels and figured I'd find the tarp lying beside the tractor in the morning. This was the view out my window this morning:

Is the tarp over there? Nope.

How about over there? Nope.

Or even way over there? Nope.

I'm at a loss. I live in the middle of a pine forest so I figured the 12x16 tarp would have hung up on something, but it's gone!

Here are a couple pictures of the work the 317 was doing. Boy I wish I had done a little more last night, it's frozen solid now:

And here's one of her sitting, cold, naked and embarassed. At least she has her top on!:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Besides the garbage blowing into my yard from across the road and neighbors yard I sometimes score BarBQ grill covers and tarps. No one ever claims them? I'll check my yard:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's probably out there not too far away but snow has drifted over it. You'll find it again in the spring.
I find all kinds of interesting things after and/or during the snow melt :eek:.

PS: I/We have two large dogs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I can only come to the conclusion that your tractor got tired of the tarp and...

ATE IT!!!

:sorry1:

Had a similar thing happen before with the cover for my wood pile...never found it.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Just borrow someone's snowthrower- It will hunt and track that tarp down winding it right into the impeller within minutes. :duh::ROF

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Nice pics.. Thanks for sharing.. If your wood pile under the tarp is not being used till next winter let it air out with out the tarp.. It will dry out better with no tarp.. heck even use your jd to stir it up a few times..

·
Premium Member
12,520 Posts
That is impressive, but it sure was windy last night.
Our yard is a trap too. Usually just trash, but got a nice Rubbermaid tote once. I left it on the sidewalk for a week and no one claimed it. Weird thing is, we're near the end of a culdesac, so the owners had to drive by it at least 10 times before O brought it in and claimed it for myself...
Mike

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
I had some nasty winds here yesterday--60+ mph gusts!..one just about knocked me over while walking in my back yard....one of my blue traps blew off my firewood carts and I had to chase it into my neighbors yard and tie it back on again...my hat blew off about 5 times during that process too...it was over 50 degrees here by noon yesterday,after starting off in the 30's with some black ice early in the AM--by 6 pm it was 29 degrees,and the winds were still gusting well over 40 mph,--driving the Caravan down the highway was a challenge,as it was trying to change lanes every time a gust came along....but NO snow here!..very COLD though,and worst is yet to come tomorrow!..

·
Pie R Round
679 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts