My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1946 2n, 316JD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will take a pic of the starter button just to make sure and post it, I have a 45 2n and the the starter swich came apart. where the batterey wire and starter wires mount to the solinoid? But I was looking on ebay for the part, and it looks like the ones for sale are way to short, mine is much longer,, My wife says so too,, I will post a I have 5 Ford truck starter soliniod switches I could mount any where But I want what goes there.. ya know..

·
No Bozo's
127 Posts
So are you saying the starter switch mounted by the shifter has failed? And further that it has come apart athe the solenpoid which is mounted to the starter?

Replacement starter switches aren't expensive. The attached wire possibly might be too short but that is easy to remedy. The basic premise is to supply 6V to the terminal on the solenoid to energize the solenoid and so forth.

Am I on the right track?

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,573 Posts
So are you saying the starter switch mounted by the shifter has failed? And further that it has come apart athe the solenpoid which is mounted to the starter?

Replacement starter switches aren't expensive. The attached wire possibly might be too short but that is easy to remedy. The basic premise is to supply 6V to the terminal on the solenoid to energize the solenoid and so forth.

Am I on the right track?
9N/2N and 8N are two different animals...There is no solenoid on the 9N/2N starter..

You will need the right one for the Safety Feature..:thThumbsU Part # 9N 11450-B

·
1946 2n, 316JD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
9N/2N and 8N are two different animals...There is no solenoid on the 9N/2N starter..

You will need the right one for the Safety Feature..:thThumbsU Part # 9N 11450-B

Yep this is the dog, I was conufesed with the switch under and the button above.. the safety switch.. Ok this makes since. I looked in the 8n manule I have but could not find anything... Thanks again.. Tony:thanku:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts