My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I got the X324 back from the local dealer Friday and for all you picture lovers here it is in full winter gear

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Setup there, like that asphalt driveway. :thThumbsU
:thanku: , just had the whole driveway redone to accommodate the motorhome in the background
Todd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you like that asphalt drive way I would take the chains off till you absolutely need them...I dont think that you want to mark that baby up with tire chains.
Hi Cornhusker,
Thanks for the concern. This was a big issue for me as I had just had the driveway widened for the RV and resealed. I'm actually very impressed with the driveway. These pics are shortly after delivery. I had driven the X324 all over the driveway to check the maneuverability with the blower attached and the chains left no marks anywhere. The next time it sees the driveway will be for snow removal.
Todd

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Good looking setup. Yes, you could probably put 2 more suitcase weights on your tractor because you have the K58 tranny. As long as you don't spin like crazy, you shouldn't mark up your driveway. You will get to know your limit and then you can stop, back up and try again. I have been blowing my asphalt driveway for 8 years now with no bad marking that I can notice plus I have a slight slope.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice setup! I hope you get all the snow you want!
:thanku: fruch, but the plan with all the winter gear was to get no snow :sidelaugh
Todd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good looking setup. Yes, you could probably put 2 more suitcase weights on your tractor because you have the K58 tranny. As long as you don't spin like crazy, you shouldn't mark up your driveway. You will get to know your limit and then you can stop, back up and try again. I have been blowing my asphalt driveway for 8 years now with no bad marking that I can notice plus I have a slight slope.
I was hoping with my considerable bulk :)sidelaugh) I wouldn't need more weight. My dealer did put the x500 series bracket on so there is room for 2 more.
Todd

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great set up! Hope you get to see some snow! Only a couple snow falls here so far in PEI but none of it stayed. I may be able to cut the grass one more time :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very nice setup. I sure like the improvements made to the JD wheather enclosure. As long as you don't spin the chained up tires, you should be okay on the blacktop.
Before I added more weight to my setup last year I spun the chained up tires on my cement drive working on a five foot drift and left a few marks. I also have blacktop and have never damaged it with chains in nine years. When possible, it's nice to have a thing coating of compacted snow on the surface. The metal contact parts last longer.

Happy snow removal to you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice setup. I sure like the improvements made to the JD wheather enclosure. As long as you don't spin the chained up tires, you should be okay on the blacktop.
Before I added more weight to my setup last year I spun the chained up tires on my cement drive working on a five foot drift and left a few marks. I also have blacktop and have never damaged it with chains in nine years. When possible, it's nice to have a thing coating of compacted snow on the surface. The metal contact parts last longer.

Happy snow removal to you!
Hi mktobob,
This is I think a new cab I got thru my dealer from rungreen.com, got the link from stladrill :)thanku: steph) who I think got it from another mtf poster ( this is a great forum). It is not the one sold thru the deere website. When all was said and done it was only about thirty $$ more than the 3 sided weather enclosere deere sells but you also have to buy a rear weight bracket.
Todd

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
That is a great looking setup. I don't know if you've ever blown snow on that rig without a cab, but if you have done it even once you will appreciate the cab oh so much more! I wouldn't sweat the chain marks. After all, its a driveway, not your hardwood living room.

P.S. It looks cool from the rear, kinda like the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
That is a great looking setup. I don't know if you've ever blown snow on that rig without a cab, but if you have done it even once you will appreciate the cab oh so much more! I wouldn't sweat the chain marks. After all, its a driveway, not your hardwood living room.

P.S. It looks cool from the rear, kinda like the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.
:ditto: and :ditto:

Great setup Todd. :thThumbsU
May the snow be with you young padawan. :fing32:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Too bad there is no room for Chewy :sidelaugh:ROF:sidelaugh

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:ditto: and :ditto:

Great setup Todd. :thThumbsU
May the snow be with you young padawan. :fing32:
:thanku:, all I need to do now is rig up some sort of a rear view mirror

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.