My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't know the size of the belt. I think they are all the same when i need one i just tell the dealer i need a belt for a 30"RER. Also a reg belt wont work on it as this belt is bevel on both sides.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Are you talking about riding mowers or push or any? If any, I have the following mower.

Snapper V212P Circa 1980.

I just sold the commercial pictured here.

Attachments

·
bolens nut
339 Posts
Thanks for the info on the double beveled belt Jodyand, I assumed the one I had just wore that way. After I read your post I took a closer look at the way the pulleys worked and can see the reason for the double bevel

·
bolens nut
339 Posts
Well, messed around with the old snapper for about four hours today and could not get it to run :banghead3
This after replacing the entire ignition and rebuilding the carb, guess maybe I need to go back to carb rebuilding school. It is a fuel problem I think.
Does anyone know where I can get a new throttle cable for a snapper comet. I don't have a model number with me but assume most of the 30" RER models use the same one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 Snapper Lawn Mowers. Both SR 1433. I have a problem with one of them. When I attempt to start it all it does is "click". I have replaced the battery, the starter, the interupter module and the starter selenoid. Still only click. I am able to pull start it with only one pull. Any one have any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
:Welcome1: dgreiner I don't know if anyone here has one that old. Have you tried the snapper site for a manual? Heres a link to there site and in the top right hand corner you will see publications. Click on it and put any info you have and model # and they may have the manual for it. You have some pictures of it as you just don't see those everyday.

http://www.snapper.com/residential.html#

·
Registered
2 Posts
gchaney said:
I have 2 Snapper Lawn Mowers. Both SR 1433. I have a problem with one of them. When I attempt to start it all it does is "click". I have replaced the battery, the starter, the interupter module and the starter selenoid. Still only click. I am able to pull start it with only one pull. Any one have any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!

For those interested, I replaced the ignition switch and the problem was solved. Next time I will start with the ignition swithch. It was only $13 and could have saved me $200. I guess you live and learn. Hope this helps some of you with the same problem.

Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2004 MY 12HP/30" RER and this year bought a new 21" 2in1 WB 6 speed disc drive. I use the WB 99% of the time since I maintain lawns in a mobile home park so ,most of the plots are small and have lots of trees and other plantings(flower beds etc.) If any one has any suggestions about the RER : the drive system seems to slip and not propel the unit when I try to go up an incline. Is it the disc or is their a belt or clutch that is most likely the guilty culprit???? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MowHoward2210 said:
Nope, but I've driven a few of the RER wheely poppers.

Here's pic of a real old timer:

Hello out there:

I have just joined (my tractor forum) and I am having difficulty getting around so be patient please.
I have a mower just like the one in your pictures but it came with a tractor seat and two wheels that hook on to the back making it a ride on mower.
Do you have any info on year and colour scheme etc.etc.....as I have started to refurbish it.Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you

snappin norm

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
:Welcome1: snappin norm don't know about the color scheme but would like to see some pictures of yours. :wwp:

·
Registered
22 Posts
[/IMG][/IMG]
well here's my baby. 1984 LT16 all original (even the clippings and mud!). absolutely no complaints whatsoever.:fing32:

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
:Welcome1: gremlin chaser It looks good for a 84 model:thThumbsU

·
Registered
22 Posts

sorry pics are so big, haven't resized them. here is the best pic i have:thThumbsU :thThumbsU
the resto is in the works. i'm thinkin' sweet sixteen is a good handle for 'er. my wife said black (god i love her!), so black it is!

·
Registered
22 Posts
:Welcome1: gremlin chaser It looks good for a 84 model:thThumbsU
thanks! was owned by my uncle, sold to another uncle, given to me last aug. originally came from the snapper dealer i worked at! all i can say is it must have been destiny:woohoo1:

·
Senior MTF Member
1,815 Posts
I have the Lt 14.5 with a 38in. deck new in 1999.it is the same as dirtybernie has? I got it from my brother 3years ago for $500.(he had to have a green one)
Great deal for me it has been great.I mow give or take 1.5 acre.I have never even had to replace a belt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok. here's my numbers; 4.3 acres, all hill and field grass, 1.5 tank of fuel and usually only takes me 1hr 45min.:cool: :thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an old snapper comet I am trying to get going. Anyone know what size deck belt I need for it?
I bought it at a yard sale for ten dollars, I hadn't really looked at snappers before but saw that it looked like a really well built old mower so bought it.
I took it to my shop and replaced the stator assembly and points/condensor and rebuilt the carb.
I can't believe parts are so readily available for that old 8 horse briggs.
The only things I have left to do is put a tube in one of the front tires and get a deck belt for it.
I plan on completely restoring it this winter, I will post pics.
boatfixer: Did you ever finish the restore of the comet? Any pictures? Cheers! Jim

·
bolens nut
339 Posts
Jim
I got it going but that is as far as I have gotten. I mow my grass with it so will probably tear it down this winter and paint etc.
The snapper dealer close to my house just went out of business so now I have to search for another one.
I also have a hi-vac snapper that I need to restore. I am very busy during the boat season so it will all have to wait until the winter.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts