My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the 314 sheetmetal & flywheel, and darned if I can see any reason why not. Checked the PTO end of the crank and looks the same. Figured the flywheel would just swap.
Anyone know any different before I go unbolting things?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have all the 314 sheetmetal & flywheel, and darned if I can see any reason why not. Checked the PTO end of the crank and looks the same. Figured the flywheel would just swap.
Anyone know any different before I go unbolting things?
I cant think of any real reason it would not fit. I have used a few K341AQS versions in my JD 140's and they have worked fine.The 341 flywheel should also bolt right up to the drive shaft from the 314 as well so you should be able to leave it alone and use the original on the K341. The only thing that I can really think of might be that I removed the heat shields from around the muffler when installed in the 140 but you may have room for it in a 314. The PTO also might be different depending on if the 216 had the manual verses the electric pto. I don't recall if the 216 was made before they switched to electric or not.
Just make sure you use all the correct tin for the K341 as its a little taller than that of the K321 that you will be replacing.
Also both engines are rubber mounted but the 216 version I think sits in a cradle mount and might be different from the way it mounts in the 314.

I have an old 316K that I used the K341 out of and can get you pictures of the engine mounting so you can compare it to your 314 if needed just let me know.
The 316 if i remember right sets down on 4 rubber mounts that are mounted to the frame and the cradle sits down on them. I would have to go look as I cant think of it right now.
Ok enough of me repeating myself...uh also the oil pans might be different as some had the deep sump, but all the parts you need would be easy to find and as I said if the cradle is different, I have one you can have if you need it, you can have the rubber isolators as well if i can get them off with out destroying them.

Greg In Ky

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have 2 314's to use and I did know the manual PTO stuff would have to go. The 16hp is well broken in on a really awful 216 I bought for $50 just for parts. It actually drives ok but 216's aren't worth fixing in this part of the country, 314's are different. I guess hydros are what everyone wants around here.
Going to take the engine out and put a set of rings and a gasket set in it and repower the best of the 314's with it. I don't think the oilpan will be an issue. I'll post how it works out.
I'll leave the one 14hp engine together for reference. it only has 35lbs of pressure so I'll be tearing into it afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts