My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has a major leak somewhere back of the engine up there by the tank. Started it up today after sitting at least a year. The ram doesn't move much and takes forever. Where the heck do I check & fill it at? Everything seems to be under a cover. Need to get using it and see where the leak is.

·
Tractor Buff BILL R.
1 Posts
the check plug is along the left side of the 154 transmission.remove the plugto check fluid level.the fill plug is in the middle of transmission case at the rear of the tractor.the two plugs on either side are to check the final drives.you should use at least an AW48 hyd oil in all three compartments.Iforgot to tell you to fill until oil runs out.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the fill plug at the top of the rear cover behind the PTO cover. Pulled it and oil was running out, so I guess it isn't low. Hydraulics stopped working at all, then after I revved it up they work again. Aren't leaking now so I put the side covers back on for some photos before I remove the blade, then mow down my "wildflower garden" later.
I figured it out about 3 hours ago, just got Charter Cable to come out & replace my modem. and checked my messages. Thanks for the confirmation as to the location!!!

I was hoping that was it. Did see the two outboard plugs as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts