My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The valve on my 216 is broken, have to unscrew it from the block to drain the oil. I see p/n 25 755 14 seems to be the common replacement for these engines. Its vertical and not with a 90 degree elbow like the factory. Will these work or - or should I source on OEM piece from the dealer? Last think I want to have happen is it shearing off or causing some other engine fatality problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My Kohler CV15 has the same thing. It has never worked very well. I'm going to replace it with a Dranzit. I have Drainzits on all my OPE and it makes changing oil a mess-free snap.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never did much like those things. Seems they all start to leak sooner or later. When they do I just replace them with a couple of bucks worth of pipe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying to stay away from something that relied on the engine block threads to service the engine. Would hate to cross thread or have a leak hence the motivation for another solution.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I was trying to stay away from something that relied on the engine block threads to service the engine. Would hate to cross thread or have a leak hence the motivation for another solution.

use some pipe a few elbows and a cap ..Works great i take those darn leaky things off and pitch them ...

·
Mr. Picky
58 Posts

I used one of these on my 216 oil pan after the original broke, and I realized the JD replacement part cost $28.59. You can get one at most hardware stores inexpensively. It makes the oil changes easier than before, and it aims directly between the steering linkages and frame, so a carefully placed drain pan should mean a pretty clean oil change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts