My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much oil does this motor take?

I love the hose to drain the oil with,that makes it clean.But the filter is another story,it came easy but it made a mess all over the frame. Oh well,I'll do something different next year when I change it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Nuther prob now.
When changing the filter oil spilled on the frame and I guess it found its was to the drive belt pulley so now it slips.

I sprayed some degreaser under there and hosed it off but still slips.It may need to out some.

Any suggestions?

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
i usually take a screwdriver and a hammer and poke a hole in the fliter and let it drain before i remove it, dosent make near the mess that way. you could probably use some brake cleaner or something like that to clean the oil from the belt. but that might splatter the oil over everything, if you do it have somebody sit on the mower start it and let the clutch out then spray the belt that should do the trick.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do that I'm sure I'd be wise to wear goggles.

Will brake cleaner kill the belt?

I might try rubbing alcohol, I'v used that before to get oil off my hands and to clean up a machine I use to run.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I didn't know it wasn't normal...Never had it spill onto the belt, though. Mine's a YTH2348, so it's a little difference...but it still does the same thing. I'll have to try the hold punch thing, Maybe a drill would work too. Thanks for the info.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can smoosh down one end of a disposable aluminum oven pan and slip it under the filter (got the idea from another post in this forum). I also park the tractor across a slight incline, so the filter port is angled down a bit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ya know, it's hard to believe that with all the little innovations that Husqvarna's had out...open station, ,electric pto, CUP HOLDER!....that they would have thought of a better design for this oil filter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can smoosh down one end of a disposable aluminum oven pan and slip it under the filter (got the idea from another post in this forum). I also park the tractor across a slight incline, so the filter port is angled down a bit.
I was thinking about the same thing for the next time I change it,except cutting a 1 quart oil bottle in 1/2.But anything could work,old shoe box,aluminum foil,just anything that'll keep oil from getting on the frame.

The only problem I see with that is the drain tube is on one side and filter on the other,so if it's angled all the oil wouldn't drain.But then you could jack up that one side after draining.

Maybe I can get it all cleaned up this afternoon and see what it'll do.

Thanks for the suggestions,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts