My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good dump cart in the $300 or less range that has a quality build and won't turn to crap after a couple uses. I might spend a little more for a good welded cart. I'm looking at an Ohio Steel 16 cubic foot steel cart for about $290. Has anyone had any experience with Ohio Steel's products? If so, please share. Thanks in advance.

IMy brother had an older one...I did not know that they were still being made...the one my brother had was a very good piece that was quality material and construction

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I get the feeling already that their older carts were pretty good, but the new ones may leave a bit to be desired.

Premium Member
I have two Craftsman 10 cuft carts, which were made by Ohio Steel. They're both over 15 years old. I don't baby them, try not to overly abuse them, and they've been great (the only exception being the tires).

Hope this helps.

Mike

Super Moderator
I find Ohio steel to Make some quality equipment even Better than Many Agri-Fab Made Carts & tow behind equipment Brinly If they still made Steel Carts under there own Label would also Have been a Good steel Cart. They Only Make them in steel under the John Deere Label anymore. Ohio Steel Make's One Model of the Cub Cadet Labeled Carts (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the replies. I have narrowed it down to two brands, Agri-Fab and Precision. I will look closely at both 12 cubic foot offerings before I decide. In the reviews that I read, Ohio Steel came in at 3.8 out of 5. Agri-Fab and Precision both came in at 4.4. If both brands fare about the same after some more research, I'll go with Agri-Fab. Thanks again.

Registered
I got an Ohio Steel cart ~10years ago. It still continues to serve our daily need and I purchased a second one ~5years ago. Both have the poly bodies and are used daily to haul firewood, manure, and anything else that needs moving. Great product. Don't have to worry about rust or denting with the Poly body.

Registered
I still use my dad's old steel dump cart and it has to be 45+ years old, no kidding. I think it is a Jackson but not sure. The tail gate went years ago and I fab'd one up using scrap plywood and alum. angles that slip into the trailer channels and also replaced the tires on it a couple of years ago. The bed has a few rust holes but do not seam to be progressing after I repainted it several years ago from faded red to Cub yellow. It has been a good one what ever brand it is. Good luck.

Premium Member
I have one that has been sitting for awhile. It's in good shape other then a couple bolts came out that I haven't gotten around to fixing. but, a easy fix. I'll let you have it for a good price if your somewhat close to me. Where are you from. I live in the Poconos.
Charlie

Premium Member
Whatever you do, don't buy a new one. They're on CL all the time for $100 or less. Even if you need to put new tires on them, you'll be way ahead of buying new.

Mike

Registered

Premium Member
I love my Ohio Steel cart, it was made before 1983, I see them for sale from time to time. It is a tank! some times these trailers are for sale with an EZ rake Vac system attached to it. & the ad title is for an EZ rake or an EZ vac.

Attachments

Registered
If those Ohio Steel carts are anything like the Ohio Steel utility trailer I rented from Home Depot, they are built like tanks. That was a very well made trailer.

20200106_112423.jpg
20200106_113438.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Hard to say for sure, but it may have been built to Home Depot's specs. Nice trailer for sure.

Premium Member
Here's one of my work horses in action today, moved 20+ pallets, then moved a bunch of downed branches (4 or 5 loads) for burning, moving on to firewood next...

Mike

Attachments

Premium Member
Here's a firewood pic. The left tire on this one needs help...

Mike

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts