My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the correct section to post this in.I want to buy a ohio steel 48 inch professional plug aerator to pull behind my JD X740.The only place I can find them is Home depot.Home depot tells me they are a internet only item.I guess I am old school,I would like to see how a product is built before I purchase.Anyone know any local dealers(michigan or ohio)who carry the Ohio steel aerators?coobie:thanku:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
If you can't find one in person, the Brinly 40" or 48" are both pretty good and should be available in most Depots (in one of the sizes anyway)... I have one and am really happy with it. I have seen Ohio Steel items at Tractor Supply, but I'm not sure that I've seen the aerator there.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
I have several Ohio Steel products (spike aerator and roller) and though it's possible they have different grades of product, I don't think they are up to the quality (durability) standards of Deere, Frontier, Woods etc. That said, I've had those two implements for many years and they are still going. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a 40 inch Plug Aerator (Ohio Steel) from TSC. It has a weight capacity of 175 lbs. Much better quality than the one I checked at Sears. I'm happy with it anyway. I have used it a couple times, but ground is so dry here that it's like rolling over concrete!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can't speak for Ohio steel,but earlier this year I purchased a used J.D. plug aerator. I paid $225 for it, had to go about 60 miles to pick it up. Nice ride. Very happy with it very well built alot heavier then the comperable Brinley. I have used 3 times so far and loaned it out twice. Has more than paid for itself. This is a 40" model for my X320.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts