My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for garden tractors only.
Ohio Plow Day will be held Oct. 1st and 2nd at West Independence, Ohio.
Plowing will be Saturday only (Oct. 2).

Plow site address:
6561 Cr 23.
Alvada, Ohio (edge of West Independence, Ohio)

Directions to plow day:
From the south:
I-75 to exit 161
Turn right at stop light
3rd stop light Turn right-Bright Road
get in left lane by 4th -5th stop light
Go 7 stop lights Turn left on to 224
Go 8 to 8 1/2 miles to Handcock Co 23
There is a cemetery on left side of the road before you turn
Turn right at Handcock Co 23

From the north:
I-75 to exit 161
Turn left at stop light
3rd stop light Turn right-Bright Road
get in left lane by 4th -5th stop light
Go 7 stop lights Turn left on to 224
Go 8 to 8 1/2 miles to Handcock Co 23
There is a cemetery on left side of the road before you turn
Turn right at Handcock Co 23

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
This is the plow day I look forward to every year. This year will be the 4th year attending. I am really hoping that the weather cooperates again.
Dave

·
Registered
214 Posts
it will be my first and I am ready just a coulpe more things to do

Todd

·
Registered
214 Posts
what time is a good time to get up there?

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Depends on how far you have to travel. I try to be there at about 7:30 Saturday morning. That means loading on Friday and leaving at 4:30 to 5:00 AM on Saturday morning.
Dave

·
Registered
214 Posts
ok thanks I will be there between 8 and 8:30 I will have my 444 case cant wait to meet everbody

thanks Todd

·
Registered
214 Posts
there calling for rain tomorrow is it still on or is there a rain date?just dont want to drive that far for nothing

thanks Todd

·
Registered
214 Posts
went to the plow day and had a great time wish the weather was better but still had a good time learned alot about how to set up the plow and it helped as I plowed my dads garden today and plowed well for has hard as the ground was

thanks for all the help

Todd

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This plow day doesn't have a rain date. There are several from Kentucky, Pennsylvana, Michigan and a few from Canada that schedule their vacation around this plow day is the main reason we don't have a rain date.

Plow day site had rain last Monday. I was still leary about the soil having enough moisture in it for plow day (Saturday). I did start a few lands Friday afternoon...there was enough moisture to hold a plow day....until I heard the weather forcast for Saturday. I go up Thursday afternoon to help get plow day site ready. It rained off and on all Saturday long. Some did try plow between rain drops (I wasn't one). I did use my IH Cub Cadet 70 to pull dead tractor back to the trailer. I didn't take any pictures until Sunday morning. Here are a few pictures after the plow day field:

My Tractor Forum member DLF_IN made a grate for the fireplace:

Looks and works great Dave!!!
Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
it may have been raining but I still enjoyed meeting every one and cant wait till the next one. got to plow a little too it was a good time

thanks Todd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts