My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving less than 1 mile down the street from my house i spot some orange out of the corner of my eye, After a quick turnaround i found this 446 in the yard for sale. I had just purchased my 222 about a month ago and had been started on working on it before i saw this.
Well long story short i ended up buying the 446 for $1200. Comes with 48 inch deck and 48 inch snowblower. Motor was replaced two years ago with an 18hp Onan/Inmar. I thought my wife was going to kill me but she likes this one better than the 222. Must be a size thing..... :)
I would like to change over to synthetic before the season starts, anybody have any experience with this? I am planning on selling my walkbehind snowblower and using this beast during the winter. Should i change oil grades during the winter?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/guyman1441/000_0139.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/guyman1441/000_0138_0001.jpg

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Some people have all the luck. The 446 looks extremely well maintained.

So what is she telling you to do with the 222??

Doug

·
16,320 Posts
Boy-that 446 looks like a BEAST!....clean, too...

Haven't tried any synthetic's yet in a small engine, but have been running in a p/u for seven months with good results...

There was a previous discussion about this in the lubication/oils thread, I think
Good luck w/it... :fing32:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I do feel lucky, I hadnt really had a chance to pay my dues with the 222. As for the 222, My neighbor came over when he saw me pull in with the 446. I sold him the 222.
To fund the 446 i had sold my 02 JD Sabre 1642. Most people who came to see the JD thought i was nuts to sell the modern tractor for old one. What do you think time will say to that? :)

·
16,320 Posts
Oh, only speaking from personal experience...(something else will show up)..and then another, and another...then one day--that dreaded question----

What's out under that "new blue tarp" behind the garage??? :fing20:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol,
Kinda like a disease actually, My problem now is that im looking all over the place for more attachments. Cant just leave well enough alone..... As much as i want spring here im looking forward to trying out the snowcaster. Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Citizen of Earth
15,241 Posts
That is a VERY nice looking machine!!!! I'd have sold the Deere and the 222 as well.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Great way to fund a project!!Even though I'm a Deere guy looks like you made the right decision, that 446 will be goin long after the sabre is gone! :fing32: :wwp:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts