My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why I am having starting issues with this ? 2 new starters . Sometimes it will spin right over other times I can't get it to crank . It's like it wants crank but it just like it has too much compression. Keep bumping the key & sometimes it will fire up & purr like a kitten. Thanks

Could be a few things...you could just have bad cable connections..remove and clean and reinstall...it could be a slightly damaged flywheel key...not sure if that engine has a pressure relief lobe...if it does that could be worn...I would start by cleaning up the cables first...then pulling the shroud and see what that flywheel key looks like...even a little bit of damage on it will throw it off
Also ...if it is a points type ignition system, it may need a gap adjustment...it is an overhead valve engine...check that the valves rockers have not gotten loose...this may help
/Temp/TECUMSEH%20ENGINE%20SERVICE%20&%20MAINTENANCE%20MANUAL%20-%20PDF%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Kish JD 318/420/430
Hey Mark That link shows the path on your computer. I think you will want to use either google drive or dropbox in order to share that file. since most email is limited to 20 or 25 meg attachments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.