My Tractor Forum banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

· Registered
2,181 Posts
Saw this about 4 miles from me today. I don't have any use for a little trailer, but you guys might. Collins is 50 miles north of Springfield, and around 2 hours south of Kansas City.

snow co

· Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Another one without a picture:

1965 Snowco tilting utility trailer - $600 (Middleton NH)

condition: excellent
size / dimensions: 46x111

1965 SNOWCO UTL-46 tilt trailer. Extremely Rare!! Road ready Very good condition. Stored inside since new. If you're a garden tractor collector you NEED this in your collection. I have seen these go for well over $2000 in bad shape.Currently registered has most original paint and decals. original has not been repainted or restored. Has nice patina.This is not the more common gooseneck UTL-48 that came out in 67/68. Make a reasonable cash or trade offer. This is the only UTL-46 available for sale in the country at this time. Deck is 46x111".
I will send pictures to serious buyers.
Thanks,Mike
1965 Snowco tilting utility trailer

· Registered
734 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the VIN tag is located on these trailers?

· Registered
734 Posts
I'm making a drive next week to look at one I found. My intention is to drag it back if I like it. Guy has no paperwork other than a Bill of Sale. I havent asked too many questions because he has no idea what it is. I'm just trying to discreetly figure out how much of a nightmare it will be to register it in CT if I drag it back. If it had a VIN number on it somewhere, then I know CT won't give me too much of a hassle with just the Bill of Sale being from out of state.

· Registered
414 Posts
I'm making a drive next week to look at one I found. My intention is to drag it back if I like it. Guy has no paperwork other than a Bill of Sale. I havent asked too many questions because he has no idea what it is. I'm just trying to discreetly figure out how much of a nightmare it will be to register it in CT if I drag it back. If it had a VIN number on it somewhere, then I know CT won't give me too much of a hassle with just the Bill of Sale being from out of state.
There's an option in CT to register it as a "home built trailer" you might be able to look into.

· Registered
734 Posts
Not sure if anyone here is interested in this, but I decided to pass today. The gentleman had no idea it was a Snowco trailer, and in all fairness, I told him what it was. He had told me over the phone it was in great overall condition but in reality it was quite rotted. The decking with the holes was very thin the whole length from front to back, and rusted thru in many locations. Both original fenders were rusted as well and cracked pretty severely. Also, the back frame rail was rusted pretty good too. He declined my $400 offer, which in hindsight I'm glad he did. I'll keep my hunt going.

VINTAGE TILT TRAILER 11' & TRACTOR

· Premium Member
3,791 Posts

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Snowco Trailer - $400 (Maine)

Classic Snowco Trailer: 5x10
Has a lot of surface rust and a few spots rusted out. Still in usable condition. Very rugged trailer has working winch and can tilt.
Snowco Trailer

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,791 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone tell me how tall the gravel guard is?
I just picked up a Snowco 1154 and the gravel guard did not come with it.
I am going to have one made, but need to know how tall they are.
Also, how thick is the grave guard?

· Registered
734 Posts
Finally found one. Well, worth the wait and glad I passed on the last few I found even though it took me three years. My understanding is that the Allis trailers were yellow. Unfortunately, the ID tag on mine is missing so there's no way to really confirm it, but it was definitely Allis yellow originally.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
I know I do not have a tractor, but I got my hands on a Snowco for my golf cart.
Here are before and after shots.
Tore it completely down, , stripped it, primed and painted (4 coats of paint)
Every nut and bolt has been replaced along with new hubs, wheels and tires (5.30X12 C) and lights and wiring.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.