My Tractor Forum banner

Oh! Oh! I saw this Snoco today and I stopped and talked to the owner. Not for sale.

56145 Views 144 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Oo-v-oO
He was helping someone move and I was driving by and had to stop and talk to the guy. It has been sitting outside a few years by a barn but is in EXCELLENT shape. The guy is keeping it nice, with a few modifications like bigger tires, but it is a great little find. I have had a permanent search on Ebay for more than a year, and nothing but paperwork items.
Been mad over one since seeing an Allis Chalmers Tow Bee ad on Simple Tractors and have been looking for one of these since then. I need a Tow Bee, or clone since seeing it to make my life complete.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 145 Posts
If JD made a single seat quad instead of just two seat gators Id have a JD sittin on it, but sadly they don't so a Polaris quad will have to do LoL. I haven't decided what to do with the trailer, its to small to haul quads, to big for the yard, not in real good shape a lot of the crossmembers are rusted through, the front crossmember with the tilt latch has failed, it needs a total rebuild on the bed for sure. Now that I know folks collect these trailers I wont send it to scrap, Im sure someone would refirb it.
You don't see one of these very often -- here's a Model 3566, nice condition and asking $1200. I have a feeling we may be hearing more about this particular trailer soon.:fing32:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/grd/4819167016.html

Attachments

I am picking up that 3566 tomorrow morning! I have bought some Deere stuff from the seller before and he is a great guy. He did some beautiful 300 series restorations but moved on to the SCUT market. I will post some pictures when I get it home. I was looking for a trailer that could haul a tractor with a 60" deck. According to the seller, there is 74" between the wheel wells.
Todd,

That 74" measurement is impressive. :thThumbsU

The brochure says that it's 66" wide, but that must be just the deck and doesn't include the extra width between the fenders.

How about some more photos? :dunno: :D

And info! I got your PM with the background details, but I'm sure the rest of these guys would love to hear more about your new Snowco if you care to share.

And did I mention, :wwp:

:D
I am picking up that 3566 tomorrow morning! I have bought some Deere stuff from the seller before and he is a great guy. He did some beautiful 300 series restorations but moved on to the SCUT market. I will post some pictures when I get it home. I was looking for a trailer that could haul a tractor with a 60" deck. According to the seller, there is 74" between the wheel wells.
Been following this thread also--and want to know what the 'rest of the story was'..as Cronkite used to say----

glenn
I took some pictures in between rain storms today. I got it home and put the 430 on it to test out the tilt. It worked great. I scanned in some of the original paperwork that came with it. I bought this from a person I have done business with before and he told me the trailer came with a tractor he purchased last week. The address on the DMV title matches the address from the paperwork that was signed in 1973 - meaning it looks like the original owner had it for 41 years and he stayed at the same residence for all of that time. I was told it was stored in a barn. According to the packing list it is a model 3666.

Attachments

Very nice Todd! The 430 looks at home up there, even though the trailer is a little older than the machine :D
Hey that driveway looks familiar :sidelaugh. Nice trailer you got there.:fing32: its a nice size. Small enough to pull with your rig but big enough to load a monster onto. Good find.
Great looking trailer and 430!
Wow Todd, that is one amazing looking Snowco trailer. Very well preserved and what a great size -- very capable.

The Model 3666 designation is really curious. The contemporary brochures from the era show a Model 3566. With Snowco, the first two numbers are the load capacity (add two zeros) in pounds and the second two numbers are the deck width in inches. Mine, for example, is a Model 2454, which is a later (1982) higher-capacity version of the 954/1154/1554 trailers shown in the old brochures.

So it's a mystery whether there is a misprint on the packing list, or Snowco slightly increased the capacity of the trailer for some reason? :dunno:

If you have any other printed material that came with the trailer (brochures, receipts, manuals, etc) it would be great to see them. Also, a close-up photo of the traielr i.d. tag woudl be interesting as well.

I'm also curious about the jack mechanism used to raise/tilt the deck. Mine just uses some damper springs so is less controlable. Yours looks better.:thThumbsU
I took some pictures in between rain storms today. I got it home and put the 430 on it to test out the tilt. It worked great. I scanned in some of the original paperwork that came with it. I bought this from a person I have done business with before and he told me the trailer came with a tractor he purchased last week. The address on the DMV title matches the address from the paperwork that was signed in 1973 - meaning it looks like the original owner had it for 41 years and he stayed at the same residence for all of that time. I was told it was stored in a barn. According to the packing list it is a model 3666.
WOW is all I can say--you found a little piece of history there--for sure!!

:not_worth:not_worth

The old time paper work just make it more 'complete'-for lack of a better word.
Anyway--looking at the photo's he scanned--seems they shipped these in a box--and were assembled somewhere else ????Maybe at a tractor dealer???

Anyway again--Salute!

glenn
Absolutely fantastic trailer. Now you have to get a true vintage tractor to put on it and tuck that green thing back behind the shed. Lol
That is a sweet snoco trailer for sure! You don't see them in that shape very often!
Here are some pictures of the lift assembly. It is not original, it looks like it originally had a hydraulic ram the laid horizontally judging by a pin up underneath the bed of the trailer. This setup seems a little safer. There is paperwork for the hydraulic ram in the packet that came with the trailer.

Here are the stickers on the axle that shows it is a Model 3666. The trailer looks like it was shipped in parts and assembled at the dealership. The fenders are bolted to the frame.

That is neat stuff. I like that crank/lift mechanism.:thThumbsU

Model 3666 for sure! Very interesting -- they must have improved the load rating of the 3566 by a notch very early in the '70s??? How many leaf springs are layered there?

So, you have a 3600 lbs load capacity double axle trailer. Nice!
Wood

Not the best picture, but there's 5.
Thanks for all the nice comments on my new trailer. I had not heard of Snowco before I saw this one pop up on Craigslist on Christmas. I was just looking for a trailer that could handle a 60" deck and had been browsing for the past few months.

I feel very lucky to have found a great trailer AND have it affiliated with Deere. The price and being able to buy from a person I trust makes it all the better. If anyone wants additional pictures of something in particular, please let me know.
Todd, I hope you're enjoying the Snowco!

I just came across some photos that a member (Robert Webb) posted in his gallery here on MTF. He has an interesting Snowco trailer with a full wrap-around debris shield:

Robert Webb Snowco Gallery
101 - 120 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.