My Tractor Forum banner

Oh! Oh! I saw this Snoco today and I stopped and talked to the owner. Not for sale.

56222 Views 144 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Oo-v-oO
He was helping someone move and I was driving by and had to stop and talk to the guy. It has been sitting outside a few years by a barn but is in EXCELLENT shape. The guy is keeping it nice, with a few modifications like bigger tires, but it is a great little find. I have had a permanent search on Ebay for more than a year, and nothing but paperwork items.
Been mad over one since seeing an Allis Chalmers Tow Bee ad on Simple Tractors and have been looking for one of these since then. I need a Tow Bee, or clone since seeing it to make my life complete.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Being a vintage trailer newb, what makes it rare?
http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/tow-bee.htm

The Allis Chalmers version was called a Tow Bee and was a factory available accessory. I'd LOVE to find one to restore to pull my 1966 B-12 Allis or HB212 Allis around on. A cloned regular Snoco trailer would also let me die happy.

Attachments

Ah I see! Very cool :fing32:
That is really nice ABC! I hope you can find one!
Sears had their version for the Suburbans, too.
Was the Snoco a tilt bed trailer?

A friend a number of years ago had a trailer that looks an a lot like that and it had a tilt bed. He used it to moved around his JD 750.
You know, I think I may know where there is a Snoco here in NH.

You can barely see it in these pictures, on the other side of the canoe - I went to pick up a 1960 Corvette frame from this guy's house to bring it to the buyer in Mass and while I was loading it up I noticed the trailer off to the side. The guy has a bunch of stuff. I think I have his phone number, still.

Probably kind of far to go, IF it is even for sale.

Attachments

Worth a call though right?
Just saw this on CL. Looks like a Snoco (sp?) but can't be sure looks too modern. What do you guys think? I'm not in the market anyway.

Attachments

Second pic. Now that I look at it the tounge on this one is straight. Guy wants $550.

Attachments

I'd say that is one. Who knows what it's story is? Tongue may have been damaged. If it was a LOT closer I'd be after it. I don't see a trailer on the other side of the canoe. They were tilt trailers. I faintly remember a trailer at an auction that was a small one with a round front. I'm sure it was one now, but never heard of one at the time and already had a small one.
Yeah, I know, really poor pictures because I wasn't trying to include it.

Here I've cropped and blown up the two pictures. The first one is really only only good enough to tell the color and shape (including the shield on the front) but on the second one you can see the fender and part of the perforated deck.
I don't see a trailer on the other side of the canoe.

Attachments

A very handy little trailer. :fing32:
Back about 30 years ago, we had a Snowco 1154 to transport L & G tractors and mowers. That was, until someone decided they had to have it for themselves. We reported it stolen and it was never recovered. :mad:
That's a slick way to do a drive on drive off trailer.
The guy I've been doing some work for has one:

I may build a copy of it, I like the look. He said it was called a golf cart trailer.
I have a strait tongue Snowco

Attachments

Perhaps SnoWco was for snow mobiles?
Yes they had some like the one with the little Toro tractor on it couple posts above. It has the grated steel in the middle of the deck, for the track for the snowmobile and smooth on the outside for the ski's. As for the others including mine where the grated steel is on the outside for traction for tractor tires.
Perhaps SnoWco was for snow mobiles?
1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.