My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Janitor at Large
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I was jokingly asking about all these Lawn Boy guys on here. Picked one up today, lady was tossing it. I know nothing about them.......serial # is 47033.......Is this thing worth anything?...Starter gear is stripped and air cleaner is missing.

Please clue this dumbarse in....thanks

Attachments

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
It looks like a keeper to me! If you want it pretty, get some "Grabber Green" at the auto parts store and paint the deck. The rest of the parts are still available new or at mower bone yards. Prime it with a teaspoon of fuel mix and try to start it once you get your starter gear replaced. If it runs, clean and get the rest of the parts and you are on your way!

Look up "LBAD" the hidious Lawn-Boy desease/addiction once bitten by the Green LB bug you are sunk, there is not cure!

·
Janitor at Large
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one edge of the gear is worn down....are these reversible?

Any ideas how old the mower is?...I am thinking not that old as it has solid state ignition........

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Put some paint on that thing man. IT'S NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Stop:

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
I would say yes to the question! Bringing home non runners is how it starts......

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
The plastic starter cog is not reversible, but it is easily found and replaced. I'm betting it's from 1974. It has a D-600 engine which are good engines. Definitely a keeper.

·
Janitor at Large
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went out and checked numbers, which may narrow it down.........Model # 7261....Serial # 47033

As for the color....I like that bare aluminum.....lol

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Ok, with that model #it makes it a 1972 mower, nice.:trink40:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
As for the color....I like that bare aluminum.....lol
Yeah, but if it had been a Lawngirl, it would have made me blush. :ROF

·
4,275 Posts
A while back I was jokingly asking about all these Lawn Boy guys on here. Picked one up today, lady was tossing it. I know nothing about them.......serial # is 47033.......Is this thing worth anything?...Starter gear is stripped and air cleaner is missing.
Please clue this dumbarse in....thanks
Yep. You're an addict. hehehe :ROF
These will help...
https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=LawnBoy

C'mon, you got the skills. paint that deck. :fing32:

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
What the heck happened to the paint? It even looks "bald" under the cylinder! Weird, never seen one bald like that before by natural means.

1972 was the first year LB offered solid state engines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts