My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....found these today....need to know how old & wat a mower were they used on???? .....the pics will tell all info.... r they rare to find??

·
Super Moderator
35,878 Posts
Aren't those used to put handles in a plastic bucket???? :ROF :ROF Sorry I just thought they looked like the items in that thread that kept going and going!

I can't be sure about this but I swear that I've seen those used on John Deere bulldozers (vintage ones)!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Wow I couldn't find squat on the Google!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
paint would make me think deere. could be off a larger ag tractor perhaps??

·
Registered
901 Posts
The "H" in the part# thats cast into the weight stands for Harvester Works. Those weights go on the rear axle of a combine.

·
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the bottom pic....err.....both of that side...u can c the JD emblym in the cast

·
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy I got them from thought they may go on a round fender JD

that ole Silkpk may know...someone wake him up...

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Depends on what you are considering a "Round Fender" if you mean a 112? No way... No 62Lb weights are going on a light duty machine. Big frame machine yes... I think Jim335 is onto something!

·
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok.....ROUND fendered JD's....they made only 5 models of them.....a 60.... 70.....then ...a 100...all smaller ones....then there was the 110 & it's bigger bro..... the 112.... on all models the rear fender was round shaped.... not flat on the top like mowers r made today

all round fendered models had a heavy cast iron 3 or 4 speed transaxle

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ok, I'll be more specific. They go on the rear axle of the model 6600, 6620, 7700, & 7720 combine, or, they would make great boat anchors.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I would swear that I've seen those before but cant recall exactly where, but I think it was on an older mid size JD tractor with a FEL ?

But it may have been on a combine god knows we have allot of them around here.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Ok, I'll be more specific. They go on the rear axle of the model 6600, 6620, 7700, & 7720 combine, or, they would make great boat anchors.
My search of Google mentioned the same thing - a hanging weight for a 6600 combine. Unfortunately that shows on the google search page but when I go to the link it is not there.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you go to the John Deere-Parts Catalog, there is a tab "Where Used Search". There you type in the part# and you will find what machines it goes to.

·
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK....we did find them on model 7720 combine.....listed as....Axle mounting and "T" weights found them in the letter part searches of that combine under letter A... says 4 or 9 used... Item # 8 in the pic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts