My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FMOM the OCSD edition. (Original codgers still on duty edition.)

Welcome to our Special Edition FMOM article,

FMOM the OCSD edition.

(Original codgers still on duty edition.)​

This month we're going to take a brief step away from our standard format to shine a spotlight the longevity of the following individuals and their staff participation! These three folks have been here since the very beginnings of MTF, 2005, and have seen much growth and change here! We'll return to our regularly scheduled nominations of noteworthy members in December, but for this month lets sit down and learn a little more about Michael, Ingersoll444 and Sergeant!

First off is

Michael

Name: Michael (no, really, we're not making that up! :tango_face_smile_bi)
Member #21

What city, and state, do you live in?

Sedro-Woolley, Washington

Are you married?

Yes, to Adelaida, for 40 years

img537.jpg

Do you have any children?

One, Christopher Michael

Do you have any grandchildren?

yes, six of them

What do you do to earn a living?

I was employed at the Boeing Co for 30 years and retired

How old are you? 60

Most memorable tractor moment? Popping a wheelie on my dad's old John Deere 2010. I gave it to much throttle and popped the clutch. Learned right then and there to slow down and give it less throttle

What noteworthy changes and milestones have you witnessed in your tenure with MTF?

I think the biggest change was when Vertical Scope bought the site from SimpleJohn

Michael, congratulations on rejoining the Mod team. You were here as a mod from 2005 to ???, but stepped down because your life got pretty hectic, we understand... What can you tell us out that?

I felt that when I resigned the first time that I could not properly give the forum the proper time for being a moderator and I was also traveling a lot in my job. At one time I was out repairing aircraft or traveling to another country for 102 continuous days without stepping foot in the United States. Something had to give and I felt it better that I leave until I could devote more attention to what really mattered. My family and job when I was at home

A little back story of how I was away from the moderator side of the world.

After I resigned I was super busy part of my life. I had been working a massive amount of overtime at Boeing, the world continued on and I was also facing issues at the home front and I needed to devote my full attention to work and at home. I had to spend close to the north side of 4K to have my septic system repair permanently.

I was traveling frequently all over the world for Boeing repairing aircraft that were damaged by the airlines that the airline could not repair and at one point I has either in transit or at a foreign airlines hub repairing damaged aircraft for over 102 days in 4 different countries without stepping foot in the United States.

After 3 years of being on call to travel at a moments notice I was made a decision to return to the Everett, Washington factory and go back to be a mechanic on the 777 line where I was made a Team Leader (foreman). This I did for the last ten years of my employment at Boeing. Lots of overtime and had a small team of interior installation mechanics on the flight line preparing the aircraft for delivery.

In January of this year Boeing came to us employees over the age of 55 and offered to pay us 6 months pay, full retirement pay with no penalty over the age of 58, full medical insurance to age of 65, buyback all unused vacation (I had 280 hours of vacation), and buyback of our sick leave (I had 118 hours) at full pay. With the offer like that who could refuse. I also turned 60 in April and my "retirement date" was April 30. I decided that I might as well fully retire from Boeing 6 months early as I had planned already to retire in October anyway.

Edit. I also prefer to be known as Michael. As my mother used to say "If I wanted to call my son Mike I would have named him Mike but I did not I named him Michael". My mother was extremely strict about her children names and if she heard us being called by our nicknames she get mad at that person. Once I left home if I was introduced to someone I correct anybody that called me Mike and in a nice way say I prefer Michael.

So no worries about calling me Michael I like it better that way anyway....

michael2.jpg

Ingersoll444

Name:
Paul

Member# 16

Been here since the first day.

I live in a small town in upstate NY, called Kinderhook.

Are you married?
I am. Ive been with my Wife Michele since 1984. We have been married since 1996.

20841092_10208607232972560_4034897974137481237_n.jpg

I have two daughters. Jessica is 11,

18301861_10155427562177268_6715369856637036424_n.jpg

and Danielle who is 15

21686422_177510306141088_8449139728280421730_n (1).jpg

Ive worked in a dealers parts department for many years.

How old are you?
I'm 52 years old.

Most memorable tractor moment?
WOW its hard to think, there has been so many. When I was 5 we moved in with my stepfather who lived at a old automotive junkyard. We had many tractors, trucks, and cars that we used to care for the land. We used to mow the junkyard yard with a old Farmall super C with a flail mower on it. For years that's what I knew of as a tractor. Around the house I used to mow with a old Homelite tractors. As I got older, I went searching for another. It took me a long time to find it, but I finally tracked one down a few years ago, its in real nice "barn find" shape.

homelite.jpg

what noteworthy changes and milestones have you witnessed in your tenure with MTF?
Oh MAN!! Many!! Starting this place was a real leap. .. A old forum had closed up, and we were all just hanging around.. figure, what the heck, lets start our own.. The rest is history! Those early days were cool. Seeing the membership grow and grow way past what we ever hoped for!! We didn't do everything right, but I think we had a pretty good idea on how we wanted the forum to be. I also went through the huge change when the forum was bought out by VS. That was a crazy time, and we went through a bit of turmoil at first..

Paul, How did you become an ex-spelling bee champion?

That's funny!! I've had a habit of popping off quick replies to posts. Well at times I've been remiss about running posts through spell check.. One of the past mods went into my profile and added that as a joke. Its something I've just never gone back in a taken out.

You've recently made some big changes in your life and hobbies, we hear, doing some things that many of us "couch-potato" tractor folks can only dream of (or have nightmares about)... What can you tell us about running and how its changed your life?

That's a good story. Well my youngest daughter is really into sports. The local running club puts on a running clinic every spring, and my daughter wanted to go. Well they also have a program for adults too. So here I am, 49 years old, and at the highest weight of my life. I saw all the mix of people at the clinic, and saw how helpful all the crew was, I figured.. "Maybe Ill give this a try". Well it was a huge leap of faith for me, but I made it that next week, and joined in. OMG I was slow!! I was more "hippo crashing through wet cement" then runner.... Thought I was going to die, but I came back the next week.. One lady really took me under her wing and helped me along really changing my life. Well 2 months later I not only ran, but finished my first 5K! Since that time, I have done many more, and even ran a 10K, and some trail runs. I had planned to run a half marathon this year, but surgery in late spring, then a busy summer has cut my running down a lot... so next year!!

A few other hobbies I have also. This spring I picked up a old Popup camper, and the family and I have been trying to get out as much as we can. Cars, have also always been a major interest. Growing up in a junk yard really got the love of all things mechanical in my blood!! My major car projects I have now are a 72 Ford LTD convertible, and a 1970 Mustang.

Last but in no means least is music. I have always had a deep love of music, and I attempt to play the guitar when ever I can. My youngest daughter also shares this love, and she is blessed with MUCH more talent then I!!! At 11 she is learning the trombone, the bass guitar, and just started teaching herself drums. She has a gift of not only great rhythm, and phrasing, but also being able to nail pitch, what I do not share!!!

Sergeant
Member # 24

Name: John

John.jpg

Wayne, IL

Are you married?

Yes, to Jane. We've been together since High school (know each other since Pre school) But didn't officially Mary Until 2000. We raised our two Oldest Before we even Officially got Married( We were Both Marriage shy as the Children Put It).

3, 1 biological & two adopted. Adopted & Raise my wife's sisters twins after their parents were Killed In a freak accident. John Robert is My youngest who is 18 and currently serving In the Military. Jeff & Megan are the oldest they're Both 41(yes the age is accurate I am only 12 years Older than the Twins). Jeff retired from the Army reserves about 3 years ago and is Currently a County Judge on the east Coast. Megan Is currently a First Sergeant in the Army National Guard, but By Profession is a Teacher/Eye Surgeon also On the East Coast

Do you have any grandchildren?
yes, 1 with another one on the way

Currently IT help desk for a hospital system

How old are you? 53

Most memorable tractor moment?
Was about 5 years Old I took my first driving Lesson on a 1939 John Deere Model A styled By the time I was 7 I could drive it by myself standing up

What noteworthy changes and milestones have you witnessed in your tenure with MTF?

The Classic View for viewing the forum is Not the True Classic View. Most of the Founding Members that started MTF are No Longer active Members and there are only Two original Site staff Left Myself & Ingersoll444(which Most Know as Paul)

John, you've had extensive military service. What can you tell us about your life and times outside of My Tractor Forum (that isn't classified! )

I was In the United States Army Infantry & Special Forces for 21.5 Years retired a Master Sergeant In 2002 was a IL state Trooper for 3 Years before Uncle Sam Called Me Back as a Civilian Military Advisor, did that for 7 years. Decided when I was done with that job, I wasn't going to go back to the Police Force, wanted a Profession where I didn't Have to Carry another Firearm. So I finally followed My older Brother Into the I.T. Field. My wife Jane Is a Nursing director of a Hospital Psychiatric Department

Outside of MTF I am a avid Vegetable & flower Gardener with My wife and we're Both Big Into skeet shooting & range shooting and Running. I am Just a Big Tractor NUT (as My Family calls Me) don't really have a specific Favorite Brand anymore. I like just about any brand of Garden tractor But I Mostly collect John Deere & Cub Cadet (IH or MTD).

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Thanks for all of the time you guys have donated here, I appreciate what you all have accomplished here.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,189 Posts
Nice to get to know you a little better. Thanks for all you've done.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations to all of you "originals" for sticking with MTF for all these years. Great bios too! :fing32:

·
Administrator
12,862 Posts
Pretty neat format this month, really a cool idea for FMoM. Thanks guys for helping out all these years!

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
Congrats to all three of you. I can't imagine all the changes since MTF was launched. It's a long time have something in your life.... that is always changing!

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.

·
Administrator
11,904 Posts
Thanks guys for all that you've done around here over the years to help the forum and it's members the full extent of which most will never know nor could imagine! :thThumbsU :thanku: :trink39:

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Congratulations gentlemen!!

Thank you for guiding MTF over the years into what it has become "The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information"!

:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
What a great idea to honor you three and your years of dedication to MTF. Thanks for sticking around to help guide us to where we are today. Loved reading the Bio's. Well deserved recognition, congratulations.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Thanks for all you've done here, guys. Enjoyed the articles. :tango_face_glasses:

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,474 Posts
Thanks for sharing some personal info. Congrats on the accolades. You guys deserve it.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Very cool format this month. It's great to take a moment and reflect on MTF's fore founders. I enjoyed the read and having the opportunity to get to know each of you on a more personal level.

Thank you, all, for helping build this site what it is today for all to enjoy and benefit from. :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Congrats! Enjoyed the read and met Paul at the Gravely meet. Would love another get together to shoot breeze and roll on a Ellis creation! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Thanks for the service, fellas! Nice to put a face to the username, finally! Some of you have met in person I am sure, but it seems those of us out west are far and in between. Maybe someday we'll do a big MTF get together! Ill go ahead and volunteer Kyle's place, mostly cause I wanna play with his stuff!

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
Some great historical figures here and a fantastic article!

Thanks for everything guys. MTF wouldn't be what it is today without you.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Koool idea to feature these guys. Really enjoyed the read.

Michael, I fully understand job pressure taking one out of MTF. It's good you returned though.

I've enjoyed a little interaction with Paul on here from time to time. Real nice guy.

Sergeant I've noticed every now and then.

I want to add my thanks to all who already posted for the contributions you all made to this really fine forum.

Now do they all get a new badge for this accolade to go in the signature?

:cool::hatsoff: A From-The-Begining-Guy:not_worth:trink39:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts