My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I inherited my Dad's OC3 crawler . It hasn't ran in many years. I got it cranked up and running smoothly but I don't think the water pump is working. Can I buy a new one anywhere or a rebuild kit for it? Or am i just stuck with a big pile of scrap iron? Thanks for any help that you can give me.

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Administrator
13,323 Posts
I would think an old school rebuild shop could rebuild that water pump, provided they can source the parts needed. I worked at a JD Industrial dealer years ago and the mechanics rebuilt water pumps on site quite often.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,178 Posts
That's the trick, finding the parts. The master cylinder for my truck is rebuildable (you can buy rebuilts), but I couldn't find a kit for it. Same with my Power steering pump, you can find a rebuild kit, but there's a cap & retaining spring on the back that are easily damaged either removing or installing them, and you can't buy those parts...

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Your OC3 has a Hercules IXB3 engine. If you can find a parts manual for it, using the part number for the water pump is the key to finding the right one. You may be very surprised what will pop up using that part number, doing a search on Google.

You may want to contact this fellow. He specializes in Hercules engine parts. I have no affiliation with this business, although it's located only 40 or so miles from me. While there is no listing of what he has in stock, all it would take is a phone call. If he doesn't have one, or anything else you might need, he may be able to point you in the right direction. Hercano Propulsion, LLC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your OC3 has a Hercules IXB3 engine. If you can find a parts manual for it, using the part number for the water pump is the key to finding the right one. You may be very surprised what will pop up using that part number, doing a search on Google.

You may want to contact this fellow. He specializes in Hercules engine parts. I have no affiliation with this business, although it's located only 40 or so miles from me. While there is no listing of what he has in stock, all it would take is a phone call. If he doesn't have one, or anything else you might need, he may be able to point you in the right direction. Hercano Propulsion, LLC
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the trick, finding the parts. The master cylinder for my truck is rebuildable (you can buy rebuilts), but I couldn't find a kit for it. Same with my Power steering pump, you can find a rebuild kit, but there's a cap & retaining spring on the back that are easily damaged either removing or installing them, and you can't buy those parts...
Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts