My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist it any longer. Saturday, I mowed with my 7084. I started with my 19" Honda, but I just put a filter in the bricktop and sharpened the blade. So I had to give it a try.

First, the 7084 is the lightest mower I've ever used. You don't need self-propelled with this mower. Second, the high RPM's give a much better cut than the Honda. I had no solitary blades when I was done. The yard has equal to a McLane seven blade reel cut.

The only thing that was lacking was height adjustment. The 7084 stops at 3", and I have been mowing under the trees at 3.5"or higher. In the full sun areas the 7084 cuts perfect. I need to get my the carburetor sorted on my 10550 and see how it does before I run out of season.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My 4531 is my first running D in more then 25 years, I was thinking the RPM's were running pretty high. But then maybe I'm used to speed governed mowers.

When does your mowing season end ... January? :trink39:

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
They are light for sure. The MAG deck plus the D engine is a very light combo. I have a 7263 with a D-600, mag deck, and it's the same way, you just walk with your hands on the handle and it goes. There's almost NO effort to pushing it at all! If you are bagging you feel the weight of the bag when it's getting full, but otherwise it's effortless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts