My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Holland 1030 issues

Hi All,

I am new to this site and hope to find some help here with my on going issue.

Since a few days I keep blowing a fuse on my tractor. This is a sub compact NH 1030.

What happens is I will be mowing with my 60" deck and then after and hour or so I will blow a fuse. Dash goes out and there is no more power to the key switch. When I replace the fuse all starts over again for an hour.

I did hit a bump a few days ago and this when is started to happen. I did check if there was a short in the wiring under the tractor but can't find anything.

Anyone an idea what this could be???

Hope that this all makes sence what I wrote here.

Gerrald

·
Registered
596 Posts
Intermittent electrical is about as bad as it gets, unfortunately. Convention is to unplug the load that's not 100% required & try to duplicate the condition that caused the last short. Rigging temporary fuses between loads & harnesses works too, but you need to have an idea of how much fuse to use. We used two test lights, one on each end of the circuit in question. One test light clipped to + & the other to -. Proper response was for both test lights to glow dimly one brighter than the other showed short to either power or ground. You might pull the ignition switch & shake it listening for loose metal bits migrating within it. That's fairly common.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts