My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals I have two questions.

I have been lurking for awhile reading the gravely section mostly but I acquired a 5216 and a separate blower and cab. I have been trying to figure out the puzzle of the cab as I got it in pieces and the tractor I got never had one, does anyone know the OEM part number or were to find instructions for the setup of a soft sided cab with a fiberglass top.

Also I was missing the lifting attachment so I got a black friday super winch (2000lb) and rigged it up under the right foot board, put on a pulley(doubling up) at the blower mount and ran the hook to the spare hitch pin hole on the frame near the hitch pin for the blower. I am worried that I may not have the blower ride up or is this not a concern with the weight of that bad boy? I still have the reach rod with spring so I could rig something to hold it down if needed.

Chris

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Not sure if this will help you at all, but here's the parts list for mine from Original Tractor Cab. Granted, it's a new model, but I can't imagine that there's THAT much difference. Might be able to at least figure out all the pieces....... :)

Also have the installation manual, but it's too big to attach. PM me if you can use it & I'll email it to you.

If neither of them work for you, just toss 'em.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bob,

The attachment only had to contact the original cab company, I went there site already and they don't have any older model cabs. I think I have it mostly figured out, my only question is do I need to drill holes behind the seat or is there some sort of way to mount it without having to remove bolts to gain access to the seat. If I have everything else lined up correctly I just use the foot boards.

chris

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Chris:

PM me with an email address & I'll toss you the installation manual. The rear section of mine bolts to two bracket arms that in turn bolt to the rear seat pan. Bolts also hold rear seat pan to frame. Hard to describe without a pic, but the manual has them. I'll try to get a snap of mine & send it as an attachement here.....

Coach John: Looked at you pic in the other thread and it looks like the frames of these cabs are very similar, if not the same altogether.....

*EDIT* Attached pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm,
Mine is not like that I will see if I can get some photos today. I like how yours mounts though I would rather have it that way. I could access the battery still a little easier with your style. I have a bracket that goes across the back of the rear pan with two angle pieces that match the contour of it. Sending PM shortly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts