My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. New guy still fully choked here! Soon I'll warm up so I can run with the big guns!

After I discovered all y'all and noticed how much FUN you're having, I ashamedly am compelled to join in...!
As for me (Yohawhn) I mostly collect dust, although some of that dust happens to be on past generation tools and outdated machinery. I suppose that is born of necessity, and my average account balance down at the bank!

I see there are proud mentions of all kinds of fabulous machines accompanying the proud bios here. Me personally - yoosta hav (1) fully accessorized old JD belt drive 210, all sold several years ago. Miss the reliability. Currently a 1998 JD 265 with the neato leaf collection blower and handy garden cart, and 46" of whirling turf grooming blades.

I hope the collective wisdom spewing from the forums here can offer some assistance with even more add-ons! I'm a DIY'r and a technical car guy in my other life. I work on everything, and fix a few. This is my intro, and I am soley irresponsible for its contents!!!
:geek:
Yohawhn.

·
Super Moderator
11,822 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good to have you here. Where are you joining us from?

·
Super Moderator
42,365 Posts
Greetings. New guy still fully choked here! Soon I'll warm up so I can run with the big guns!

After I discovered all y'all and noticed how much FUN you're having, I ashamedly am compelled to join in...!
As for me (Yohawhn) I mostly collect dust, although some of that dust happens to be on past generation tools and outdated machinery. I suppose that is born of necessity, and my average account balance down at the bank!

I see there are proud mentions of all kinds of fabulous machines accompanying the proud bios here. Me personally - yoosta hav (1) fully accessorized old JD belt drive 210, all sold several years ago. Miss the reliability. Currently a 1998 JD 265 with the neato leaf collection blower and handy garden cart, and 46" of whirling turf grooming blades.

I hope the collective wisdom spewing from the forums here can offer some assistance with even more add-ons! I'm a DIY'r and a technical car guy in my other life. I work on everything, and fix a few. This is my intro, and I am soley irresponsible for its contents!!!
Yohawhn.
Welcome to MTF! Lot of info here and great members to help and share with, enjoy the site! Nice intro BTW! I'm sure we can find a few other of life's necessities to enhance use of your 265. Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

Font Parallel Technology Slope Screenshot

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
I'm in the gorgeous state of Michigan - from the sprawling metropolis of South Lyon - a western burb of Motor City!

I'm a Kansas City native - migrated here twice and staying now. Still claiming benefits of all the $$$ I spent at Arrowhead Stadium tho, GO CHIEFS!

Reactions: Bebop

·
Registered
842 Posts

Yohawhn.
Welcome ---I have 5 of those 200 series JD Tractors--It's a lot of info on here for sure--Have Fun.

·
Premium Member
2019 JD X570, 1996 JD 445, 2003 L110, 1978 212
1,215 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma, definitely lots of great advise in the different forums and even a few threads of just daily conversations and what nots.

Reactions: Bebop

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Welcome to MTF from another Michigan man. Sounds like you are a natural MTF guy. I think many here have those old (out of necessity) dust covered machines that somehow manage to work very hard for decades. Great to have you aboard.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome, nothing wrong with collecting the old stuff, got a few myself. You were doing great till you mentioned the "M" word, we don't even say it down here especially after the thumping you gave our football team this year. Oh well there's always next year.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome, nothing wrong with collecting the old stuff, got a few myself. You were doing great till you mentioned the "M" word, we don't even say it down here especially after the thumping you gave our football team this year. Oh well there's always next year.
Shhhh... I secretly a mole for Missouri...
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts