My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i bought a set of used 4.8-8 ags for front of my sub 15 i like the looks of ag tires front and back. so i am mounting the first one and notice a hole in my rim. so i got to looking around and find i got another rim just have to get the rotten tire off it later on. so i finish mounting that ag air it up everything is fine go to right one everything is going great till i pinch the tube grrrr. so now i got to wait till tom night to mow the grass and have to make a trip to tsc after work tom and pick up one those thick trailor tubes

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Yep been there done that. IT is very annoying especially if your trying to get your lawn mowed. I have had the wheel horse 3 times die on my at the end of my property and had to tow it up to the shed. Then my ford lt75 mower deck belt is stretched so it will not stay on so the lawn is half done and not looking good right now. I have two more mowers that need to be fixed to get ready to mow but lawn is gong to be really tall before i can get one of them to mow it.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You don't have a patch kit? I don't know how many times I've mowed over some spiky berry bush and poked a hole through the tire, and quickly needed to make a beeline to the garage. I had one tube with about 10 patches. Got so tired of it I bought some new tires hoping they'd have enough tread to prevent the brambles poking holes.
TSC, Harbor Freight, NAPA, and the Brothers, Kragen, O'Reilly, Advance and Autozone would all be sources, along with K-mart, Wally, and Target. Bike shops too.
I use the handle end of a pair of crescent wrenches as tire 'irons', as they have round edges, and a good bit of leverage. Make a mix of soap & water for installation, BIG difference.
tom

·
Keeper of the bees-Now deceased
2,409 Posts
In stall the tubes then blow them up to remove the wrinkles. Pull valve stems shrader valve letting air all out. Laying the tire flat with the valve stem up fill with slime, when full incert shrader valve and fill to recommended air pressure.
No more flats unless you punch a really big hole in the tire/tube.
I my self like the McMaster brand TSC used to sell.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Yep been there done that. IT is very annoying
:ditto: I ruined a brand new Carlisle tube once, luckily I had a used original Sears one that I ended up using- still holding air too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts