My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we got our first Nor easter of the season and got rain, then freezing rain, and finally snow. So got some more seat time but it was crusty and icy under the snow. Luckily I had chains or else traction would of been rotten. Didn't get a lot in my front driveway but the lady across the street had a good bit as you can see in one of the pictures. I got the wife to take a couple of short videos but will have to figure out how to download onto MTF.

Attachments

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
:thThumbsU Glad somebody gets to have seat time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Glad someone got some snow out of that storm. We got lots of freezing rain and hail but only got a tiny bit of snow that blew away before I could get out this morning. There wasn't even enough for the town to bother sending the plows into the subdivisions so I didn't even get any at the end of my driveway! I have 2 more days to get some snow before we head south for a couple of weeks. Looking at the forecast, it looks like the new rig will be parked until we get back :banghead3

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad someone got some snow out of that storm. We got lots of freezing rain and hail but only got a tiny bit of snow that blew away before I could get out this morning. There wasn't even enough for the town to bother sending the plows into the subdivisions so I didn't even get any at the end of my driveway! I have 2 more days to get some snow before we head south for a couple of weeks. Looking at the forecast, it looks like the new rig will be parked until we get back :banghead3
Told ya so! :sidelaugh

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Great pics and video. Looks like it's doing a very good job in the heavy wet stuff. slkpk

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,607 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to give you an idea of what accumulation we got, radio reports said that we received 42 cm's but with the wind there were big banks in some spots and not much in others. Well, we definitely have enough snow for snowmobiling now too.

·
Registered
611 Posts
It was some nice getting a few hours of seat time yesterday, and to get some more tomorrow again, going to be cleaning up the drifts.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was some nice getting a few hours of seat time yesterday, and to get some more tomorrow again, going to be cleaning up the drifts.
Hey cgreencorn, you must be out in an open area because where I am at, no extra seat time until more snow. How do you like your x500 compared to your previous LA model?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey cgreencorn, you must be out in an open area because where I am at, no extra seat time until more snow. How do you like your x500 compared to your previous LA model?
Hey PEIDeerefan

We are wide open to west and north, but treed in on the east and south side.
There is no comparasing from the LA to the X500. Blower is alot heavier, mower is alot stronger and rugged. I had problems getting places with the LA series and alot of times I had more problems getting back out of places. I may consider get the lift actuator for the blower to apply down pressure. Dont see much talk about them or reviews on them yet. I think 500 dollars is alot of money just for something you can only use with a blower.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.