My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Small Engine Collector
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got a Noma 4 wheel steer lawn tractor for $175.00. The tractor is in pretty nice shape except for a few cracks in the rear fenders an some rust on the deck. It has a 12hp briggs and straton Industrial/Commercial engine and it runs great! Also the 40 inch deck with bagger works great too! When I got it home I took it off the trailer and took it for a test drive. I really like the way it drives but the four wheel steering takes awhile to get used to. The four wheel steering is nice for my yard because I have a lot of junk to mow around. You can pretty much spin in a circle almost like a ZTR. This mower definatly beats my dads john deere lt 190 because it manuavers and turns so much better especialy when you have a lot of junk. The only problem I have now is the tractor wont start. When I went to start it to park it under the fort it just clicked and would not start. The guy I bought it from said he installed a new battery last week but I hooked it up to the jump pack just to rule out the chance of a dead battery but it still did the same thing. The guy also said that the safety switch on the clutch some times did not work not allowing the engine to start but would the starter still click. I am also wondering if the starter is bad but I really dont know. I have no idea what im doing when it comes to most eletrical problems. I really need help so I can finish cutting the grass and bagging the leaves.:thanku: Here are the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Is it a 6 speed or hydrostatic?

·
Small Engine Collector
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got the tractor running again. I took the starter off cleaned every thing out and put it all back together. Now it works great and I can drive one of my favorite tractors again. Great machine for $175.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts