My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Briggs and Stratton engine off of a 1971 BobCat Snowblower that has no spark. I replaced the coil and the plug and still have no spark. When I put my finger on the end of the plug wire I still get a shock. I made sure to clean the magnet on the flywheel and removed any rust off of it. What am I missing?

Is the coil gapped tight enough? I use a business card, usually just about right.

And Welcome to MTF. 馃嵒

Welcome to MTF......please drop in at https://www.mytractorforum.com/forums/introductions.72/ and tell us a little about yourself and your power equipment...
Why don't you think you have spark?.....if you get a shock you should be getting spark...sometimes it is very difficult to see the spark if you are just looking at the elecrtode of the spark plug...this is where a spark tester comes in handy....if you have a chance.... after adjusting the coil gap as Kubota Ronin suggested, check that end of the spark plug again ...only this time do it in the dark, and see if you can observe a spark...do you know if that engine has points or not?...that is something else to check......you need 3 things for the engine to start...spark is one thing, fuel is another thing....and compression...an engine that age could have a compression problem....is it recoil or electric start?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts