My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had such a mild winter here in our part of Michigan that I haven't put the snowblower on the Jacobsen and left the deck on our Sears that we normaly put a plow on. As I get older I don't relish the thought of getting outside in the cold and snow to clean the drives. I am sure that we will get a big storm or two before the end of winter but until then I will be content with using the neighbors plow truck to clean his drive and ours. So far this winter I don't think I've spent over $20.00 worth of fuel to plow all the drives. They are talking of a small amount of snow in the next few days but then back to mild weather next week. :thThumbsU

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
May have jinxed myself. Got a few inches of snow over night. Will have to go out and see how bad it is. At 11:00pm last night they said only a trce of snow. Go figure. :thThumbsU

·
MTF Member
169 Posts
Same here in NE PA. Had to use the plow twice all season. The rest have just been nuisance snowfalls....not complaining though! I installed both the plow and snowblower w/cab on my Jake 1450's in Nov. I do that every year cause I don't like to wait till the last min. to mount them. I don't mind not having to use them if we have a mild winter, just take them back off in the spring.

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
I would take ANY snow right now! These SE Texas mosquitoes are H*LL!
Even the locals are complaining! It is usually cool and SUNNY here. Haven't
seen the sun in weeks! Been RAINY and miserable.
BUT...Our Texas home is sold and it closes next month.
See ya Texas! And, by the way, I "didn't mess with you"!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would take ANY snow right now! These SE Texas mosquitoes are H*LL!
Even the locals are complaining! It is usually cool and SUNNY here. Haven't
seen the sun in weeks! Been RAINY and miserable.
BUT...Our Texas home is sold and it closes next month.
See ya Texas! And, by the way, I "didn't mess with you"!
There are skeeters in Texas right now? :sorry1: None in Michigan and its nice enough to work outside many days this winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.