My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at the ten day forcast and no white stuff! What gives? We go from a foot+ a storm last year, to one storm in october, to nothing! What a depressing winter!

·
Premium Member
10,110 Posts
Sorry GT, but I'm just fine with it. Those storms every 4 days last year were fun for a while, but I can do without the snow banks, the ice dams on the roof, the narrow roads, the shredded belts, and the late spring associated with another harsh winter. Winter just started 9 days ago, don't worry, we'll get our classic Nor'Easters soon enough.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Maybe for YOU it's depressing!--I just feel lucky I'm getting a month off ,from the back breaking labor every storm that comes our way brings us!...dont worry--we'll be getting plenty of seat time,regardless of the late start of winter...it'll probably snow till June seeing we "lost" a month of winter in December!..

I think we'll have a lot of cold DRY days and a lot of warmer rainy ones this winter probably,if it stays the way it has lately..good weather to catch pneumonia!..

Most of my machines aren't really "ready" for snow anyway...neither am I!...this is the first year in quite a few I dont have my trucks plow on yet--usually I put it on in November and leave it on till April at least...if we got no snow or not much,I'll be a happy man...

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
I hope so. This is the first year I have a tractor to plow with, and I haven't been able to try it out! Our forecast looks much the same, but its flurrying here atm.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been getting plenty of seat time with my tractors- Driving them in and out of my garage to work out all the little bugs, and hauling wood. I could do with a few good storms a couple weeks apart,not pounded like we did last year. And the ice dams were a pain last year!!

·
John Deere 445
263 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Saw a squirrel with a mouthful of leaves heading for the holla in a tree out front. He was either evicted from his house out back or hasn't built a warm one yet.
The chipmunks in the wood pile have been stashing away chestnuts. They are everywhere...in the centers of the extra foundation blocks stored out back, in the wood pile, in the compst bin, even piled up on the lawn mower deck.
The robins are eating the blue berrys on the bushes, sooner than last year.
But, we got ice on the inner harbor (salt water).
By Saturday, 50 degrees! That will be a good day to put the chains back on.
Ground is finally frozen, sorta.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The weather systems will be returning to a more "winter-like" pattern in about 2 weeks according to some of the ProMets. I had a male grackle at one of the bird feeding stations the past few days. He's about 2 months early.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
yea boy.got the 318 all geared up.chains weight.s .blower on.guess what i ,m never gunna see a nother drop of snow.and right a bout the acorns.not a one on the big white oak.a couple years ago i picked five pails off the yard.i just hope it does.n hold on late into the spring.and ruin the fruit crop with the late cold spring.like it did last year.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My beech trees have been pretty productive this year; my oaks have produced little if any acorns.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, theres not a single inch in Groveport, Ohio, i really miss last years 20+ in. snow storm or blizzard whatever you call em, i made lots of money that year, lol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The ProMets are predicting a relatively more "snow friendly" pattern change in about 2 weeks. We'll see.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Nothing in the next ten days here....

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still nothing in the forecast here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts