My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,038 Posts
I didn't read all the posts but I will tell you after all this junk we've been through in the last year we need to find locals that will do the work for us. It may cost a bit more but! They are there and if it fails you can drive to see them in less than 20mins. ;)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Guess my biggest beef is with ebays shipping process. No notification the item has shipped or when to expect arrival is demanded of the seller. Reputable seller will send a notification. Your order has processed and your tracking number is this. But it is not an ebay requirement. All my future ebay purchases will be threw PayPal and no payment released until I am happy. Unless I know whom I am buying from.
It is an eBay requirement to ship within a certain amount of time, and eBay sends a notification when the seller prints a label. It's automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've had no problems with brand name stuff from Amazon. First, I always look for someone else because I don't like what Azon has done to small retailiers. If what I want is not locally available, then I'll try Azon - but in my limited experience their unbranded stuff is the cheapest item they could find. Or pressure someone into making. The fact that something comes from China is not a wholesale condemnation of that country's manufacturing ability. Look at Apple - many of their parts are made there. If however, you use price as the yardstick, and always go for the cheapest product, you are guaranteed to not be happy with all of it.

As for items without a complete description, I simply won't buy it. Amazon has a crazy quilt of policies - you can return stuff from AMAZON for free, but not from one of their 'partner vendors'. They have misled me twice into signing up for prime. Overall, I feel they are often not worth the hassle, and turn to smaller vendors on ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
some ebay sellers will claim to ship right away by making a label, but then somehow it takes a week for a delivery service to carry the package from their location to a nearby USPS office...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
some ebay sellers will claim to ship right away by making a label, but then somehow it takes a week for a delivery service to carry the package from their location to a nearby USPS office...
I personally have been accused of late shipping when I took it to the post office or left it in my mailbox same day as I printed the label and the tracking wasn't updated for a week...

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I personally have been accused of late shipping when I took it to the post office or left it in my mailbox same day as I printed the label and the tracking wasn't updated for a week...

Which brings up another issue unless it has been corrected. Tracking should be required and shared. Some do and some don't. Still waiting on an item from November. Wasted more time on it than what was spent already. Would be nice if payment was withheld untill the shipper say it had been dilevered.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Which brings up another issue unless it has been corrected. Tracking should be required and shared. Some do and some don't. Still waiting on an item from November. Wasted more time on it than what was spent already. Would be nice if payment was withheld untill the shipper say it had been dilevered.
Payment is withheld if you file an "item not received" case then you the buyer only have to wait a max of 30 days if the seller decides to ignore you. If they don't give you a refund or replacement item in that time, eBay will automatically give you a refund.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Yes went through all the BS with the supplier a few times that promised it would be looked into and shipped. Watch whom you buy from on ebay.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,501 Posts
I always check feedback on Ebay. If it is less than 99% I'll pass it by. Prevents problems. The only shipping issue I've had was with a cheap bicycle part I ordered from China. It was scheduled to arrive in two months. When it didn't, I notified Ebay and had the refund that same day. I've ordered several things from China with no problems.

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Strange I have never had any problems shipping out of China. Though I would on the first order. I had it three days later. So far the longest wait has been 5 days and that was last June. It did take 3 weeks to order it. Companies were closed and many working from home there also.

·
MikeTheReviewer
5 Posts
Strange I have never had any problems shipping out of China. Though I would on the first order. I had it three days later. So far the longest wait has been 5 days and that was last June. It did take 3 weeks to order it. Companies were closed and many working from home there also.
Some of those "shipped from China" are bogus, many a time I'll look at the return address & it's from NJ, NY etc. and the item arrived in 2 days LOL!...I think it's so the Co's don't have to pay any taxes in the US. & collect the sales tax & pocket that too...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well plenty of blame to go around here really. I've ordered thousands of items online since 1998 and it only took me a couple small stings before I learned I should "rarely" trust one website for my parts info. Whenever I order online, I visit several websites, I just "do my own homework" because most 3rd party websites get product info from wherever and whenever as most websites actually rely on automated scrapers to get everything today. Scrapers are getting better today but still have high fail rates just like the people corps hire to type all the info they have no idea about wrongly type. Getting the correct part on there also' depends on the seller you buy from too, many Amazon/Ebay sellers simply list parts in the wrong place too so wrong parts gets shipped.

I've only had issues twice in all my yrs and both times PayPal and Amazon took care of things quick so I'm out zilch so far. Early on I simply learned even if a part has a makers name or number to still go straight to that makers website to verify everything is correct. I always look for the parts actual specs not just the pics/description/part number for verification before I order many parts. I try to get that info right from the horses mouth whenever possible.

If no makers name are shown thats a clear sign I better verify everything from different sites selling that part proving all the details stated are correct. Because today most likely its a China knock off part so I triple check its specs, especially on pricey items. A lazy customer will only be an angry customer in the end I can promise you its just a simple fact of shopping online. I got more paranoid not less with all the junk rolling in our country today.
I've read countless complaints like this for years now, your not alone and certainly your not the blame as I'm not blaming you alone. Its just the system we're offered is all so we really must verify everything before confirming most online orders.

Amazons parts finders have never been 100% reliable, not even 85% on some parts. Its far worse than parts stores offer if you simply read Amazon car parts reviews you quickly learn this issue goes back so far I'll never count on Amazon alone to verify any of my parts are correct! Unless its recently and magically fixed even their spark plug finder is wrong on most vehicles.
Had you verified the parts actual specs at several other sites "before" ordering, its possible you'd found a discrepancy somewhere along the line but not always. I'll contact the seller/maker for parts specs if they aren't posted and I need it, you'd be surprised how many don't even reply to emails and why they think we'd trust their corp to send our parts if they can't even send one response to us? Most online sellers do just excellent, but some Idiots selling make them all look bad if enough moneys involved I know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw that in a fortune cookie once.
I don't demand perfection, just expect to get what's listed to work...and if there's a problem, make it right!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
I saw that in a fortune cookie once.
I don't demand perfection, just expect to get what's listed to work...and if there's a problem, make it right!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
Many times perfection is necessary. Much time is wasted by having to do over and or get another part that should have worked. Now-a-days generally, many people do not care and do sloppy work.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts