My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:
I am in need of some information. I bought this F 910 at an auction. I don't have very much money invested yet. The PO said it has not run in many years. I did not want to spend more for the operator manual than I paid for the mower without knowing what I have. There is several jumpers installed here and there and I don't know what is what.
It took a while but it is running, poorly but running and the blades turning. I had to unplug the clutch for the mower as I think it is jumped out also because when you turn the key on the clutch engages. I can see that the steering and mower deck lift is hydraulic and I think the transmission is also. I added some hydraulic fluid under the seat and I can see a bad (military class III) hydraulic leak from a 1" hose at the transmission. I can get the steering to operate somewhat but no forward or reverse movement out of the transmission.
My problem is I don't know what is the correct operation of this mower. Is there something to engage to make it move or is the transmission shot? I don't want to violate any copy wight laws but I don't know what is what. If anyone can provide me with the basic operation/ function of this mower I can decide if it is worth repairing and buying all of the manuals (wiring diagram) or selling to the scrap yard. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone may be able to provide.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog
Semper Fi

Attachments

·
10K and Climbin!
12,355 Posts
Leaking hydraulic pressure will definately affect your tranny operation. There are two belts under the engine that go to the tranny/pump and drive everything. Are they there/intact? Is the pump pulley shear pin OK? (look under seat) Nose around and verify that the driveline parts are OK. Is it leaking pressure? If so the pump should be OK. The pump may just be air bound so don't give up on it just yet..

**Maybe the parking brake is stuck?

I don't have a manual though..

·
The owners manual
1,570 Posts
Let us know how you are making out after you have had a chance to go thru the manual and then the machine-have fun with it.

Dick

·
Professional OPE Tech
525 Posts
There may be a "dump" valve open. Does the machine roll freely with the engine off? If so, start looking for the release/dump valve and close it.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
weekend electricians can do a lot of damage is a very short time...

jumpers... LMAO!

get a schematic (should be in the service manual) and you can do what the PO couldn't in short order-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. Frank2131:
Yes Sir I still need some help. It would be very good if you could send the manual.
My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you, Sir

Mr. WNY Tractor Tinkerer:
I will check the belts and the shear pin. Thank You, Sir

Mr. RJR:
Roger that. Thank You, Sir

Mr. MasterMech:
Yes, it does roll freely. I will check for the dump valve. Thank You, Sir

Mr. MXZRPX:
I am not any kind of an Electrician, however I know better than a jumper except for testing. If I can get to the wiring schematic I can figure it out and correct the problems. Thank You, Sir

Thank You all for your help with this old mower, with your help hopefully it will be back in service soon.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog
Semper Fi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts