My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious considering a 2010 X540 with under 300 hours.

I was hoping to get the deere 3ph, but all i can find is the powered integral sleeve hitch (part LP66661). This would work with the tractor hydraulics.

If there is no 3ph possible (which blows my mind as its available for the x590 which replaced the x540 right) does anyone have the above sleeve? Most of my implements on the rear could be sleeve, it would work but I'm also looking at the deere 42 hydraulic tiller. IF I bought the powered sleeve hitch I would want to just leave it on and use an adapter like this.

This way i could leave the powered sleeve hitch on and also slide a ball into that receiver in case I have to pull a cart or trailer. EASY.

But from what i could tell the tiller mounts right to the frame and hitchplate of the tractor. So that deere powered hitch would assuredly be in the way. Thought maybe I could get around this with a 3ph, but I cant seem to find one. Aynone using a 3 point? A different tiller maybe?

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
It's a different brand, but this was my solution for having a sleeve hitch installed, with a trailer ball, and still keeping the ability to pull "normal" implements.

I don't know how the Deere one works, but the arms of my sleeve hitch comes off by just removing 3 clevis pins. No tools, and it takes probably a minute, so it's easy to get the sleeve hitch out of the way if I need to use the trailer ball, etc.

I could look at making something like what you linked to, since it's an interesting solution.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
The X590 does not have a 3 point hitch available. The older X595, which was part of the x5x5 series which was the precursor to the current X700 series, did have a 3 point hitch available as an option, but the X590 which is part of the current X500 series does not.

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The X590 does not have a 3 point hitch available. The older X595, which was part of the x5x5 series which was the precursor to the current X700 series, did have a 3 point hitch available as an option, but the X590 which is part of the current X500 series does not.
Ah my mistake then, I thought it did. Looks like JD marketing to get you to spend the extra $$$ on 7 series as the 5 series should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a different brand, but this was my solution for having a sleeve hitch installed, with a trailer ball, and still keeping the ability to pull "normal" implements.

I don't know how the Deere one works, but the arms of my sleeve hitch comes off by just removing 3 clevis pins. No tools, and it takes probably a minute, so it's easy to get the sleeve hitch out of the way if I need to use the trailer ball, etc.

I could look at making something like what you linked to, since it's an interesting solution.
Looks good. Something like this could work although I really wanted the deere hitch as it makes use of the hydraulics in the machine.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Looks good. Something like this could work although I really wanted the deere hitch as it makes use of the hydraulics in the machine.
Oh, don't get me wrong, using tractor hydraulics sounds great! Mine doesn't have external hydraulics. And I can't currently justify the cost of buying a powered upgrade ($300+, I think) for my sleeve hitch.

But I'm going to see if I can set up a way to use my winch (which is used to raise/lower my bucket), but mount it to the back, to be able to raise the sleeve hitch implement.

I wouldn't be able to push down on the implement, but I could just add additional weight to the implement to approximate the same thing. And the winch would let me easily pick it up at the end of a pass. Plus it would give me more vertical travel than the manual lever does.

·
blinged out
1,245 Posts
a small winch is probably the simplest method!
it could probably be done on a x540 tied in to the powersteering output ports and adding a cylinder / valves! turn right to raise, turn left to lower! wait for it,where's jerry!

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,391 Posts
Might it be easier just to rent the equipment or pay someone to deal with the flower beds? Hydraulic tiller is a large chunk of $$$ if it's a one time use item. I believe the hydraulic tiller has a separate hydraulic system to run itself, as the tractor hydraulics on X540 are only for raise/lower?

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
I believe the hydraulic tiller has a separate hydraulic system to run itself, as the tractor hydraulics on X540 are only for raise/lower
You are correct that the tiller hydraulics are separate from the tractor's hydraulics. The tiller has its own pump and reservoir and the pump is driven by the same PTO pulley that is used to drive the mower deck. The tractor's built-in hydraulics are for raising and lowering the mower deck and any front implements that you might have like a plow blade or snow blower and also for the power steering and, of course, the hydrostatic transaxle itself.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
The tiller for the X590/X540 mounts on the frame of the tractor. As stated above it runs off the mower pto pulley. It uses the deck lift hydro's to lift and lower. I have the 30" tiller for the X590. And yes the X595 is a different tractor.
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Super Moderator
16,325 Posts
Serious considering a 2010 X540 with under 300 hours.

I was hoping to get the deere 3ph, but all i can find is the powered integral sleeve hitch (part LP66661). This would work with the tractor hydraulics.

If there is no 3ph possible (which blows my mind as its available for the x590 which replaced the x540 right) does anyone have the above sleeve? Most of my implements on the rear could be sleeve, it would work but I'm also looking at the deere 42 hydraulic tiller. IF I bought the powered sleeve hitch I would want to just leave it on and use an adapter like this.

This way i could leave the powered sleeve hitch on and also slide a ball into that receiver in case I have to pull a cart or trailer. EASY.

But from what i could tell the tiller mounts right to the frame and hitchplate of the tractor. So that deere powered hitch would assuredly be in the way. Thought maybe I could get around this with a 3ph, but I cant seem to find one. Aynone using a 3 point? A different tiller maybe?

Any ideas?
The 3point Hitch is Not available for the X590 either!!!!! read Post 7 of your other thread newbie post Recommend a hitch?

There was a Heavy duty series Made 2002 thru the 2005 Model Year That Had X500 for model Numbers TJR345 show the differences in his Bottom Photo But It is Not related in anyway to the current X500 series The Older X500 series from the years stated 02 thru 05 Equal the X700 signature series today X585 = X738 / X595 = X758 in today's tractors

Now the sleeve Hitch(power Integral Hitch) has to come off to Mount the 42inch Hydraulic Tiller(run by PTO Pump) or 30inch Belt driven PTO tiller.

Take's less than 2 Minutes to remove the Hitch Portion Of the Power Integral Hitch "Uses one pin and spring clip for installation or removal" shown Below In the screen shot (y)
Screenshot_2020-10-17 Power integral hitch.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts