My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting an idea of what a no 2 tiller in good condition with mule drive, right angle gear box and new long belt is worth. Tiller has good tines and very little rust.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Maybe put this in the "What is it worth" seciton for a better response. Just trying to help.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I might say 200-375. depending on condition. Tine life is important to price. I have a #1 tiller with both extensions, gear box, I paid 125. The tines were 1/2 wore out. Littel rust, missing the pully cover. It's going to get repainted/refurb. Pictures help.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Pictures help, but I just recently bought a #2 Tiller. It was in decent condition, but not great. I paid $250 for it and drove 125 miles 1 way to get it. It didn't have a mule drive or long belt, but all else was complete. I put it on my 1450 with the mule drive I had from a mower, and got a new long belt. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it ran and how well it tilled my garden spot.
All in all, I felt like I got it for a fair price. It is now torn apart in my shop awaiting cleaning and paint.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I think you got a decent deal, even considering the drive. Think about all the use you'll get out of that thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts