My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my '94 Landlord the headlight assembly was missing. A new replacement runs about $75.00.
I decide to see what else I could do. I thought about LED driving lights, but wasn't sure how much light I would get.
I chose some small driving/ fog lights at local auto parts outlet. They are rated 55 watts each. I had a piece of 1 1/2 slotted angle to use as a mounting bar and used the top grill bolts to secure it to the hood.

It looks a little bug eyed, but they work great.

·
Not so junior poster
270 Posts
Sweet!
That is what I am going to add to my 1614H.
Have not taken the time to figure the mounting setup, but you may have it.
Thanks for the pics!
Will post mine when I get that far.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Next you need to get a front end alinement, look at that toe out. :sidelaugh
That thing looks worse than my bow legged pot bellied pig.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next you need to get a front end alinement, look at that toe out.
That thing looks worse than my bow legged pot bellied pig.
I know, that is going to be my next project. I thought about hooking a chain to the tie rod and pulling.:00000061:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The lights are pulling 9.1666 amps. Hopefully you have a 15 amp charging system if you use them. The factory are something like 2.5 amps and a whole lot less light...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Kinda what I was thinking too burntime. 4.58 amp draw from each light mite be a bit much for the charging system.
I run a 55 watt at the rear and 2x35 watt on the front and an electric lift. I wouldn't want any more draw on the system.:banghead3

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ahh, but LED's are brighter by a bunch AND only 1.3 amps... Of course the 3 I bought are on ebay at about 150 bucks but if your keeping it, its well worth it! That charging system is either a3 or 15 amp system...hopefully a 15amp.

·
Not so junior poster
270 Posts
Yep, I want to mount 6 sets of small LED fog lights from Ebay.
I want to "fill in" the space and make it look good.
May use wood, shape it and paint it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Research shows I have the 16 Amp system. Ran it around with a york rake today with the lights on for about an hour. After I was done, I plugged into my battery tender and it switched to float within 10 minutes.

I also removed the tie rod and applied a little heat and bent it a bit, now the front tires are tracking a lot better. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts