1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
595 Posts
wow, a video of big bud actually moving! all the other videos of that machine i've seen was just starting and revving, which was pretty boring.

on a side note, what kind of tractor pull is this? a contest to see how fast you can high-center your tractor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dU85VEH3CY&feature=channel

the video is from the same guy as the two you posted, so it popped up. it looked good because of all the old tractors, but...

tmm

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are calling it a dead weight tractor pull. That is how tractor pulls used to be. Just stack a bunch of weight on a stone boat and see if the tractor could pull it or not.

It looked to me like as soon as the tractors started to dig in that they stopped moving forward. I think what happened is that as the tractor started to spin and dig in that the chain no longer pulled down on the tractor and it lost part of its weight. Personally I would have quit pulling before I dug in that deep.

Did you see the old oil pull and the steam tractor pulling? They were doing as well as the big diesels where doing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
yea, i saw the oil pull and steamers... it's really amazing the amount of power they have, you'd never expect it from an 80-100 year old machine.

tmm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts