My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my neighbors to see what he had kicking around . Looked over some old Clinton and Wisconsin engines as well as a few other things . But when we went to one of his sheds to check out a newer vertical shaft engine , I saw this . Lol , told me I could have it "right now" for $500 . I actually thought about it .

Of course both of us are "busy guys" so I left him to work on one of his new acquisitions.

Somehow this guy just "finds" nice old tractors to fix up . Wish I had that kind of luck .

·
15,000 +posts!
20,428 Posts
I like those old JD "L" tractors--just the right size for someone with a few acres to mow and a small garden or snow to plow,yet it'll fit in a garage without taking up the whole thing!..

Nice Bolens too,and probably very rare,I do not recall ever seeing one that old in person locally..well worth what he's asking ,probably would sell for more at a tractor swap meet I bet..

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Nice tractors. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Bolens too,and probably very rare,I do not recall ever seeing one that old in person locally..well worth what he's asking ,probably would sell for more at a tractor swap meet I bet..

Lol , he said he wanted $800 for it , but would sell it to me for $500 today If I wanted it . He's sold me stuff pretty cheap over time compared to what I would pay from other guys . I bought my Simp 3210V (avatar) from him for $200 and has been a great running machine . Got the deck and blower for $60 and both have worked great also .

If he still has that Bolens in a few months I may just get it . If wifey allows it that is . Apparently I need to get rid of a few to get any more . Unless I hide them in with the rest of the herd . :hide:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have had a hard time passing on that Bolens.
Believe me , I would love to have it . But since I just picked up 2 tractors yesterday and still haven't gotten rid of the "excess" ones , the wife would have a fit . I don't think that tractor is going anywhere . He isn't actively trying to sell it . I'll be looking at getting it after I remove a few of my current ones .

Does he have any Clinton or Wisconsin parts that he's looking to get rid of?
Don't think he'll part any out . Offered me a Wisconsin and 2 Clintons awhile back for $100 . All 3 were hand cranked and had compression . Still thinking about getting them if they are still there . I'll be seeing him later today and find out what the scoop is on the engines .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts