My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
That looks in really good shape hankll, fine example of a 600 series or "square nose" as we Murray guys say.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called him about it, and had my wife not decided we were going Christmas shopping, I would have run over to look at it. He said he was getting rid of it because he bought a new Huskee 25hp/50" cut rider from TSC......I didn't say a thing! I was nice. If I get a chance based on his schedule, I'll try again during the week.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
and had my wife not decided we were going Christmas shopping, I would have run over to look at it.
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
13,438 Posts
If I get a chance based on his schedule, I'll try again during the week.
What's one more machine? :dunno:

And it looks like a real nice one at that! Call it a Christmas gift from your wife.....Good Luck!:trink40:

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
This must be a new listing, or I missed it on my Friday Searchtempest Murray search. I know pics hide a lot, especially low res. CL ones, but that Square nose looks to be in really nice shape. The first tell tale sign someone respected the thing is that the discharge chute is still on there. If I were buying that for myself and it looked as nice in person as in the pics and all was well with the mechanicals, up north where I am $350-$400 to me would be a good deal.

I am accused of pricing these machines on the high side, and I suppose I do, but buy something as capable as that Murray and you are at $3,000.00 new. If someone like one of us Murray guys gets their hands on that GT it will still be cutting grass for another couple decades. The new orange one :dunno:.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This must be a new listing, or I missed it on my Friday Searchtempest Murray search. I know pics hide a lot, especially low res. CL ones, but that Square nose looks to be in really nice shape. The first tell tale sign someone respected the thing is that the discharge chute is still on there. If I were buying that for myself and it looked as nice in person as in the pics and all was well with the mechanicals, up north where I am $350-$400 to me would be a good deal.

I am accused of pricing these machines on the high side, and I suppose I do, but buy something as capable as that Murray and you are at $3,000.00 new. If someone like one of us Murray guys gets their hands on that GT it will still be cutting grass for another couple decades. The new orange one :dunno:.
yep, Dec 2nd. You are absolutely right, and it's not likely to happen with his new Huskee. And the shute deflector jumped out to me also. He said he wanted to not start it until prospective buyer came to look at it. He says engine is tight and doesn't smoke even from a cold start, with a puff pf smoke, you'd expect from an older engine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't wanna highjack thread but, I have a Murrray delima. I have a 18hp tractor like the one above, another older one that has a 3 speed iron axle 18hp. I am needing to thin the heard and can only keep one. I have a sleeve hitch that looks like it would go on either one, but is on the three speed now. Right now I am leaning toward keeping the 3 speed, and letting the square nose go.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I don't wanna highjack thread but, I have a Murrray delima. I have a 18hp tractor like the one above, another older one that has a 3 speed iron axle 18hp. I am needing to thin the heard and can only keep one. I have a sleeve hitch that looks like it would go on either one, but is on the three speed now. Right now I am leaning toward keeping the 3 speed, and letting the square nose go.
Is the 3 speed a GT?

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
No I don't have pics at this time. But the square nose is just like the one pictured above. The older one looks a lot like that Sears of your's, excet red with a twin. I am sure you have seen these before as well. I have a huge tarp that they all need to fit under and I have a couple to many now. I have a couple of Murray LT's that are going too. One is a newer wide body, and a red frame 12hp? I will probably just scrap them.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Any updates hankll? I found the ad, price seems fair if the condition proves to be good, up here in New York anyway. Are you looking to flip it or keep it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
That does look like its been taken care of:thThumbsU
My money is on He gets it and keeps it, and if he wants to bring it up north he can use the new never been in the snow Haban blower in my shop to play in the snow with (if we ever get any%[email protected]@%$^%#@):sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I'm not going to get it.....I've just got too many already that need some attention. Plus I have some engine work on my Freebie Murray to get done and I have yet to fix the hood. I really need to get the ones I've got up and going and ready for sale in the spring.

I'm off today (grumble) so if he were home, I'd still maybe go look at it, but weather guru's are talking snow flurries today. Nah, think I'll just crank up the fireplace.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
No, I'm not going to get it.....I've just got too many already that need some attention. Plus I have some engine work on my Freebie Murray to get done and I have yet to fix the hood. I really need to get the ones I've got up and going and ready for sale in the spring.

I'm off today (grumble) so if he were home, I'd still maybe go look at it, but weather guru's are talking snow flurries today. Nah, think I'll just crank up the fireplace.
I hear you loud n clear hankll. :fing32:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.