My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is a Foton or Futian? Anyway, it doesn't look like your typical Chinese tractor to me.

 

·
Rustyj
Joined
·
260 Posts
Rusty Jones

Durwood said:
I believe this is a Foton or Futian? Anyway, it doesn't look like your typical Chinese tractor to me.

Well, one look at that grinnin' grille makes me think its Chinese, and they did that so we'd feel good, while they are ruinin' our manufacturers, witrh their cheap imports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Rusty may I ask how you really feel :trink23:

I really understand that line of thought but I also see where we have put ourselves at a perilous disadvantage...I don't really know what is the best way to fix the problem other than a little protectionism as in import taxation.... then the US manufacturers need to step up and give good products at a fair price.. I am also tired of the US manufacturers crying that we cant compete..... They used to say that about us.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Durwood said:
I believe this is a Foton or Futian? Anyway, it doesn't look like your typical Chinese tractor to me.

Durwood all of these little tractors a remind me of todays cars... they all look the same.....If you would have put it up there and not mention that it was chinese I would have thought at first glance of NH... so I guess in a way I agree that ours doesn't look chinese... or theirs dont look chinese either...
 

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rusty Jones said:
Well, one look at that grinnin' grille makes me think its Chinese, and they did that so we'd feel good, while they are ruinin' our manufacturers, witrh their cheap imports.
I certainly feel you are entitled to your opinion on this Rusty. But, i do have one question and that is can you tell me which tractors are actually made in the states now? You will have to look hard to find any under 50hp. I agree it is a shame, but those $30.00 an hour jobs over here are disappearing fast. It's not just about China, but it seems like every country can build products as good as us at a much cheaper price. It seems to be the snowball effect doesn't it? I'm actually agreeing with you on this but it is us the consumer that keeps going to Wal-mart because we get the most for our money that is causing this. If we didn't shop at these cheap places than this might not happen. But, take a young family of say 5 and they have to stretch their dollars to make ends meet. So it is a catch 22 situation.

Durwood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Durwood

Your picture belies your wisdom! With much grumbling and lamenting I have to agree with you. I try not to buy other than 'Made in America', but there are so many products that just aren't made in this country. Second string for me is any place but China. The only reason that I do this is because I can afford it.

The rub is that there are many people that have to pinch each penny. They have no other choice. I can lament the circumstances that cause that situation, but I really can't blame anyone that is in that situation.
 

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl , I have a classmate who is pro union and works for Fram filters here in Greenville ohio. As much as he despises Wal-Mart he would never picket against them because Wal-Mart is his companies biggest customer. Talk about being in a catch 22 situation. :banghead3 And now the Chinese are gonna start selling cars over here. I've heard they think they can cut our prices by about 30%.
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000340040895/
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000717040927
It is only gonna get worse.

Durwood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,508 Posts
Durwood said:
I certainly feel you are entitled to your opinion on this Rusty. But, i do have one question and that is can you tell me which tractors are actually made in the states now? You will have to look hard to find any under 50hp. I agree it is a shame, but those $30.00 an hour jobs over here are disappearing fast. It's not just about China, but it seems like every country can build products as good as us at a much cheaper price. It seems to be the snowball effect doesn't it? I'm actually agreeing with you on this but it is us the consumer that keeps going to Wal-mart because we get the most for our money that is causing this. If we didn't shop at these cheap places than this might not happen. But, take a young family of say 5 and they have to stretch their dollars to make ends meet. So it is a catch 22 situation.

Durwood

EXACTLY, Durwood!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
This seems to be the "place". I've been look for the last couple of years for someone who has experience with the Nothern Tool Nortrek (not sure of the spelling). They offer a 20 HP 3Cyl Diesel, 4WD, Water Cooled, Power Steering, 2 Speed live PTO, etc. for about $6K. A little more than some on this forum, but a lot less than a USA "name". I think the NorTrek is made in China. Norther Tool has been selling them for years, they must be moving some of them, but none that seem to be reported on here, or on the GF Tractor forum where I've also raised this point/question.
 

·
MTF Member
Joined
·
57 Posts
Durwood,
One view that I found interesting from my British daughter-in-law is that China is doing to us, what we did to Europe in the late 1800's-early 1900's. America took jobs with less expensive labor during the industrial revolution. Her point was that Europe survived, and their economies evolved. My opinion is that the Asian developing countries are taking work faster than we can cope. Troubling times....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Durwood said:
I certainly feel you are entitled to your opinion on this Rusty. But, i do have one question and that is can you tell me which tractors are actually made in the states now? You will have to look hard to find any under 50hp. I agree it is a shame, but those $30.00 an hour jobs over here are disappearing fast. It's not just about China, but it seems like every country can build products as good as us at a much cheaper price. It seems to be the snowball effect doesn't it? I'm actually agreeing with you on this but it is us the consumer that keeps going to Wal-mart because we get the most for our money that is causing this. If we didn't shop at these cheap places than this might not happen. But, take a young family of say 5 and they have to stretch their dollars to make ends meet. So it is a catch 22 situation.Durwood
I saw an interesting show on PBS Frontline last Summer. It was called "Is Wal-Mart good for America?" It was VERY interesting. Do you know where the largest Wal-Mart on Earth is? CHINA. But, like Dor said, you can't afford NOT to shop there, even though they don't always have the lowest prices on everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart created hundreds of jobs in our community. Now all of the local business owners and their families that had to close shop because of lack of customers can now find part time - low pay - no benefit work to buy shampoo at Wal-mart for 97 cents.
 

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
Keweenaw4310 said:
Our local Wal-Mart created hundreds of jobs in our community. Now all of the local business owners and their families that had to close shop because of lack of customers can now find part time - low pay - no benefit work to buy shampoo at Wal-mart for 97 cents.
Humm, funny, I can only think of several businesses in town that close up shop after Wal Mart opened and one was Kmart. Don't know if they were related but our Kmart wasn't managed too well. In recent yrs we also lost Birdseye and Smuckers but their not a retail business. After Wal Mart came to town the largest factory mall in the state opened locally and the old downtown section still is not boarded up.

Somethings not right here but I don't think is was Wal Mart coming to town. With that said, Walmart is the first store I come to when going into town. Much of the time I leave empty handed and kicking myself in the butt for even stopping but I don't have a problem with them stting up shop here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,535 Posts
Thats a Bic tractor.When it breaks buy a new one.So wheres the bargain?Because wheres the parts supplier for a Funton or Fonton Yuckasoki or what ever it is?Probably runs on rotten suchi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Mickey said:
Humm, funny, I can only think of several businesses in town that close up shop after Wal Mart opened and one was Kmart.
We lost Kmart shortly after as well. Also lost over 1/2 of the individual businesses in the mall which is less than 1/2 mile up the road from Wal-Mart. Now that our Wal-Mart expanded to super wal-mart and sells groceries, there is talk of at least 2 local large grocery stores having trouble and closing soon. Our local electronics stores and hardware store owners are feeling the hurt as are the local gas station owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Durwood said:
I believe this is a Foton or Futian? Anyway, it doesn't look like your typical Chinese tractor to me.
Back on the subject of the tractor and not Wal-Mart.

The hood has a 50's space age kitchen appliance look to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Jerry NJ,

Unless I'm mistaken the Nortracs from Northern Tool are Jinma Chinese tractors.
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top