1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
I'm tempted to call the guy and laugh at him.:ROF:sidelaugh:ROF

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just bought a small wheel brass tag JD 80 cart off of Ebay for $100. It's a little rusty, but I could afford to replace the tires, replace every nut and bolt and have it sandblasted and powder coated for that price! :banghead3

·
Citizen of Earth
15,299 Posts
New around that time, they were close to $400. That is one of the reasons Deere quit making them, cost to much compared to the competition. He is looking to sell to a collector as a "trailer queen", to be displayed, not used.

·
Registered
258 Posts
$850! Does he know something we don't?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
at that price it will be stored in HIS garage for another 20 years

·
Registered
258 Posts
:ditto::ditto:

·
Registered
477 Posts
How much did one of these cost new? I could see if it was 40 years old in that condition. Just for the purists.
These were really great carts!
Strong, well built and would last forever.
This one looks new but all this being said it's about 4 times what I paid for mine new when the 1syt came out.
WAAAAAAAY overpriced!
In my estimation!!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I hope he gets it !! Up the value of my 2 #80's

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
I like Katt, but I have to disagree with him here. :tsk: That is until I have one (or two) model 80 carts of my own. :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh :hide:

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I guess I better get the decals on this one ( there in a box around here somewhere )

$1600 for the pair ??:dunno:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like mine better anyway! Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
$850! Does he know something we don't?
well what he does know is that "there is a SUCKER born every minute" so he is just fishing from the sucker pool... :)

·
Citizen of Earth
15,299 Posts
Yeah, it's a lot of money, but there really are collectors out there looking for museum pieces like this just for shows, and they are willing to pay top dollar for original (unrestored) stuff like this. I know a fella that paid what most of us would say was too much money to get a pristene model 50 cart to complete his colletion. And by pristene, I mean that this cart looked as if it left the factory yesterday instead of 25 years ago. Still had the little hairs on the tires, paint was perfect, had never been used. So what I'm saying is $850 is too much if you just need a cart to use, but maybe $850 is ok for a collector quality piece?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts